Morningstar Beach question?

geri

Has anyone been to this beach? If so can you tell me about how much the beach chair/umbrella rentals were? Also do you know the approximate cab fare from Havensight?
Thank You

geri, I went to Morningstar Beach about 18 months ago and had a great time. The taxi was about $5.00 p/p and took about 10 minutes to the public beach entrance. The rental fee was about $15 per chair but no one came over to collect the fee. There is a beach bar located at the Marriott which is open to the public.
The waves are a little higher here vs Megan's which is very calm.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks runner15km.
The chair rental at 15$ seems a little pricey. Were there other options in the public beach area to sit? For example...public picnic tables??

I've been to Coki, Lindbergh & Magens beaches. How would you rank Morningstar to those beaches?

Morningstar Beach reminded me of some beaches I used to go aloing the east coast US. When you step into the water, you step down into waist-deep water and it's not very clear so you can't see the bottom. I grew up going to beaches like that so to me it was not anything special.

The surroundings themselves are quite nice. Coco Joe's is right on the beach and has hammocks for you to relax in.

I've been to Coki and there are differences between the two. Coki is great for snorkeling. Because of the waves (less than 1 foot) and the lack of clarity of the water, Morningstar is not a good snorkeling beach. Coki is like a lake, is clear, and has no waves, making it ideal for snorkeling. The beach itself, at Morningstar is larger than the one at Coki.

If I remember correctly, the approximate cabfare from Havensight to Morningstar may be about $5 (?).

Morningstar is a nice place to plop down on a blanket or sit at Coco Joe's and just hang out. It's not a good snorkeling beach, but there are sea kayaks for rent. And you can always play some beach volleyball.

Linda

Thanks for the info Linda.
Do you know if there are chairs to rent cheaper than 15$?
You mention the hammocks at Coco Joe's. Are there beach chairs there too that might be free or cheap? (I would assume that they expect you to buy drinks if you use their equipment...which of course we would!) Thanks

I agree with those that posted so far... the beach area is nice but the water is not as clear and sand not as soft as other St. Thomas beaches. That said it is a nice spot to relax, have a few drinks. $15 for the chairs sounds steep to me as well... I am used to seeing them right around $7 at different beaches in the USVI in general; I have however never checked the chair rental prices at Morningstar so can't say for sure. All beaches in the USVI are public however most of them do not have benches or public use amenities. If you don't want to rent a chair from the resort you can lay your towel in the sand. Coco Joes has chairs and hammocks for patrons but they aren't in the sand but rather in their restaurant/bar area which is beachside.

--Islander
VInow.com

Archived