Alaska Blog

MilliesMom

Thanks for sharing your blog with us!

You are welcome. Glad you are enjoying it. I can't wait to add in our photos and cruise review in June. 19 more days to go ...... I'm smiling ear to ear. Our first vacation since 2009, and we plan to relax and enjoy.

Thank you so much for posting your blog link. It has so much info. I'm just starting my planning but leaving in a few months Yikes! Just wondering if we should prebook any of the excursions? I'm thinking of the tram up the glacier and the duck tour. From the cruise schedule, there appears to be a total of 5 ships in our port stops at Juneau and Ketichan so I'm getting worried. Any thoughts on my dilemma? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you so much for posting your blog link. It has so much info. I'm just starting my planning but leaving in a few months Yikes! Just wondering if we should prebook any of the excursions? I'm thinking of the tram up the glacier and the duck tour. From the cruise schedule, there appears to be a total of 5 ships in our port stops at Juneau and Ketichan so I'm getting worried. Any thoughts on my dilemma? Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure what tram you are referring to but the ones I know of don't require reservations ... I would book the duck tour in advance as it probably sells out as its popular with families

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you perhaps thinking of Mt Roberts Tram in Juneau? The tram there really doesn't need a reservation. Your ticket is good all day long and can be used as often as you want that day. It has unlimited usage.

Many booked their excursions ahead of time, so that they have a plan and know the costs upfront. Some cruiselines (not all) charge you the minute you book the excursion, others wait until you board the ship.

We had numerous ships in port (Juneau) last time and we got off the ship, walked over to the tram (about a block away for us) and bought tickets. There are two tram cars running all day too. The tram is a guaranteed ticket ... not a space needed at a specific time. Kind of like the shuttle bus in Victoria. We bought shuttle tickets in advance, but the shuttle runs every 20 minutes so we could board whenever we want to.

I agree with rachelfran, for the duck tour I would get advance tickets. It is popular and could sell out for the time you want.

With most excursions, you pick a time you want to go and that is the time you go on the excursion. You are reserving a time and a seat (not a specific seat). These types of excursions if there are any problems (flat tires, engine problems etc) the ship is responsible for you and getting you back to the ship on time for sail-away. There are major advantages to booking with the cruiseline because of this.

Archived