Help Choosing our Excursion

kahleeb

MissJean. Uxmal is supposed to be great but it's 80-90 miles. Of course you could plan a short stop on the way back in Merida. I'll be visiting Uxmal in Oct but will be spending a couple of nights in a very small village nearby. Probably best to use a local supplier or taxi rental. It would be a shame to spend the day going to Celestun and the flamingos being somewhere else. Dzibilchaltun is only 20 miles from Progreso and you could take a taxi and have them wait for you then go on to Merida for a visit before returning to Progreso. Seems I've read here that it's about $40 or 50 for the taxi.

MissJean. Uxmal is supposed to be great but it's 80-90 miles. Of course you could plan a short stop on the way back in Merida. I'll be visiting Uxmal in Oct but will be spending a couple of nights in a very small village nearby. Probably best to use a local supplier or taxi rental. It would be a shame to spend the day going to Celestun and the flamingos being somewhere else. Dzibilchaltun is only 20 miles from Progreso and you could take a taxi and have them wait for you then go on to Merida for a visit before returning to Progreso. Seems I've read here that it's about $40 or 50 for the taxi.

Thanks, I wasn't sure how far away Uxmal was from the port. I don't know if I want to spend half of the time in the car! I guess people do when they go to Chichen Itza, but I'd rather experience as much of the local culture as I can and not see it whizzing by in the car!

The ruins further out give me all the more reason to come back on my own trip! And when that happens, I will definitely be getting in touch with you about that!

Archived