I thought i was new to Princess....

shazz56

Hi All,

I thought i was new to Princess as the only cruise we have done was with Cunnard.

This afternoon, as i was tidying my desk drawer, i discovered a Thank You card from Princess Cruises with a $50 voucher for our next cruise (this did expire in 2012) ...

It even has a member number on it.

Of course i cant find my Cunnard Gold card now... but could it be the same number? I didnt think our Cunnard cruise would mean anything with Princess?

Any ideas?

Cheers from Down Under

sharon

Hi Shaz,

My member number/loyalty number is the same for Princess, Cunard and P & O Australia, I just checked and it is a different number for P & O UK, although they are all owned by Carnival........that would be the reason they have you on their system and thought you had done a Princess cruise:) Pity it is too late to use the $$$$$:p

I think we are in Vancouver at the same time, you get on:D and we get off:(.........email me at cheznandy@gmail.com if you want any info re the Alaska cruise.

Chez (also downunder!!)

xx

Hi Shaz,

My member number/loyalty number is the same for Princess, Cunard and P & O Australia, I just checked and it is a different number for P & O UK, although they are all owned by Carnival........that would be the reason they have you on their system and thought you had done a Princess cruise:) Pity it is too late to use the $$$$$:p

I think we are in Vancouver at the same time, you get on:D and we get off:(.........email me at cheznandy@gmail.com if you want any info re the Alaska cruise.

Chez (also downunder!!)

xx

Hi Chez,

I certainly will email you in the near future about what tours you have booked. We are also doing the land componant.. you?

any way, back to the question at hand...

Does this mean that i can use my Cunnard Gold membership on Princess? Sure would be great to get the added benefits..what ever they may be LOL

But i am positive it is just wishful thinking....

sharon

Have you tried logging into Princess.com with your membership details and look at the captains circle page and you will see your cruise history?

To be honest, i havent even finished our pre - cruise info nor got our visas! As to the Captains Circle..i dont even have a password!

Just logging into Princess i use the booking number

cheers

Sharon

Hi Chez,

I certainly will email you in the near future about what tours you have booked. We are also doing the land componant.. you?

any way, back to the question at hand...

Does this mean that i can use my Cunnard Gold membership on Princess? Sure would be great to get the added benefits..what ever they may be LOL

But i am positive it is just wishful thinking....

sharon

Ok, So here is the confusing part.......I know cause I have cruised these lines.

No your Cunard cruise will not go towards your Princess Captains Circle. If you have cruised P&O Australia and P&O UK, you can log them on to your Princess history and they will count, You can do this after you have completed your first Princess cruise, go to History and put them in, but as you havent cruised these lines yet you will not have to worry, when you do, it may be done automatically as they have the details:)

As far as I am aware, nothing counts towards Cunard but Cunard.

P&O Australia does not have a loyalty programme.

I wont go into P & O UK, but I know that my Cunard, Princess and P&O OZ cruises have not counted towards the Peninsular club programme.

Hope that is as clear as mud:p

Chez

xx

Ok, So here is the confusing part.......I know cause I have cruised these lines.

No your Cunard cruise will not go towards your Princess Captains Circle. If you have cruised P&O Australia and P&O UK, you can log them on to your Princess history and they will count, You can do this after you have completed your first Princess cruise, go to History and put them in, but as you havent cruised these lines yet you will not have to worry, when you do, it may be done automatically as they have the details:)

As far as I am aware, nothing counts towards Cunard but Cunard.

P&O Australia does not have a loyalty programme.

I wont go into P & O UK, but I know that my Cunard, Princess and P&O OZ cruises have not counted towards the Peninsular club programme.

Hope that is as clear as mud:p

Chez

xx

Yep...clear as mud! LOL

If i hadn't been cleaning up all this wouldnt have been an issue.. just goes to show, i should never attempt to do any house keeping LOL

One good thing, i have now got a password and dont have to use our booking number to log on to Princess.

We are rather new to cruising though certainly discovered we loved it from our last cruise with Cunnard.

sharon

Archived