Carnival Victory review 3-23-13

Bashlin

Fttf on Victory was great, we got to terminal at around 10:15 and was on board no later then 10:45. We did have to mention we were fttf once inside terminal but after that it was good.. Also when leaving luggage make sure to tell porter. They put a special sticker on luggage when picking up.

Luggage was all in room soon as we boarded.. Guest services vip was great, priority tendering was awesome, and we did do the luggage express on leaving and it worked flawlessly. Victory staff are all aware of fttf perks ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you so much, Ill be in the same room in Sept. and also purchased the FTTF.... You answered so many of my questions..

You mentioned having to tell them inside you had FTTF; who did you have to mention this to? And are there signs telling you were to go if you are FTTF?

Sorry one more question we are purchasing the cheers program, I have read mixed reviews on the program how did you like it? Did you make it to the cut off of 15? I don't think Ill drink that many but my husband can enjoy a few beers sitting on the deck and hes concerend if he'll hit it to quick.

Thank you so much, Ill be in the same room in Sept. and also purchased the FTTF.... You answered so many of my questions..

You mentioned having to tell them inside you had FTTF; who did you have to mention this to? And are there signs telling you were to go if you are FTTF?

Sorry one more question we are purchasing the cheers program, I have read mixed reviews on the program how did you like it? Did you make it to the cut off of 15? I don't think Ill drink that many but my husband can enjoy a few beers sitting on the deck and hes concerend if he'll hit it to quick.

They are people inside where you get your sail and sign card that give you boarding zone signs.. They gave me boarding zone 1 at first, but when I told them I was fttf they gave me boarding zone "priority" and told us to go to the front of the line.. Soon as we got to the line they called us to board. And yes, a big fttf sign is in the terminal.

We did the cheers and probably broke even on it, for me I hit around 13-14 drinks per day.. Including a few glasses of wine at dinner and my wife probably did around 10 per day including the tiny bloody Mary's they serve. Port days we really had to drink hard to make it worth it.. Also we tipped every waiter when we got our drinks, it never made any difference in service one bit.. We never got served any quicker and never really got a thank you.. Making me wonder if the waiter/bar tender gets the tips or they have to turn them in now?

Fttf on Victory was great, we got to terminal at around 10:15 and was on board no later then 10:45. We did have to mention we were fttf once inside terminal but after that it was good.. Also when leaving luggage make sure to tell porter. They put a special sticker on luggage when picking up.

Luggage was all in room soon as we boarded.. Guest services vip was great, priority tendering was awesome, and we did do the luggage express on leaving and it worked flawlessly. Victory staff are all aware of fttf perks ;-)

Thanks for the info. That sounds very much like our experience with FTTF on the Liberty, so glad to hear they have it down-pat already on the Victory.

We will definitely do luggage express, too (we have an 11:35 a.m. flight home from MIA). Did they have you all assemble in the dining room or a lounge and then take you off together as a group? They did it that way on the Liberty, and 2 ladies were late (we were instructed to assemble in the forward dining room at 8 a.m. on the paperwork). They kept holding us until these 2 ladies showed up and kept making announcements for them over the intercom. They finally came sauntering in around 8:20 and said they still weren't ready to go because they were looking for their carry-on luggage. Grrr. The rest of us were getting pretty antsy by then and insisted that we not be held up any longer, so they finally led us to the front of the "last ding" line. It was a mess. Please tell me they organized it better on the Victory...

Thanks for the info. That sounds very much like our experience with FTTF on the Liberty, so glad to hear they have it down-pat already on the Victory.

We will definitely do luggage express, too (we have an 11:35 a.m. flight home from MIA). Did they have you all assemble in the dining room or a lounge and then take you off together as a group? They did it that way on the Liberty, and 2 ladies were late (we were instructed to assemble in the forward dining room at 8 a.m. on the paperwork). They kept holding us until these 2 ladies showed up and kept making announcements for them over the intercom. They finally came sauntering in around 8:20 and said they still weren't ready to go because they were looking for their carry-on luggage. Grrr. The rest of us were getting pretty antsy by then and insisted that we not be held up any longer, so they finally led us to the front of the "last ding" line. It was a mess. Please tell me they organized it better on the Victory...

We waited in the forward showroom on deck 3..some people tried to join that wasn't fttf or plat/dia but the host made them leave.. All but 1 woman who insisted to stay and they gave up arguing with her and I agree she was a lost cause.. But they waited for no one, soon as we were cleared they called us. It was really fast with no issues.. Victory staff was great in all fttf perks!

:cool:

They are people inside where you get your sail and sign card that give you boarding zone signs.. They gave me boarding zone 1 at first, but when I told them I was fttf they gave me boarding zone "priority" and told us to go to the front of the line.. Soon as we got to the line they called us to board. And yes, a big fttf sign is in the terminal.

We did the cheers and probably broke even on it, for me I hit around 13-14 drinks per day.. Including a few glasses of wine at dinner and my wife probably did around 10 per day including the tiny bloody Mary's they serve. Port days we really had to drink hard to make it worth it.. Also we tipped every waiter when we got our drinks, it never made any difference in service one bit.. We never got served any quicker and never really got a thank you.. Making me wonder if the waiter/bar tender gets the tips or they have to turn them in now?

Sorry so did you wait in the normal line to get your sail and sign card or do you go somewhere different ?

As for the tips a bar tender told us tips left on the cards go in a bucket and are divided. So when we find a great one we slip them a little cash :cool:

Sorry so did you wait in the normal line to get your sail and sign card or do you go somewhere different ?

As for the tips a bar tender told us tips left on the cards go in a bucket and are divided. So when we find a great one we slip them a little cash :cool:

It was the normal one, but in pom their is a vip room where they finally told us we should be.. But soon as I opened the door they called "priority" to board, so I turned around soon as I opened the door. I saw the vip lounge sign.. But was hesitate to enter as I thought it was only for dia/plat.. But the lady said I needed to be with them so who knows.. But it all happened fast so no complaints.

As for the tips a bar tender told us tips left on the cards go in a bucket and are divided. So when we find a great one we slip them a little cash :cool:[/color]

That's funny--I always thought that too, but on my last cruise on the Dream, the bartender told me that wasn't actually the case--that they did in fact get the tips that were on the receipt since it was connected to their name in the sale system.

As usual--story is different everywhere! :) I agree that greasing the bartender/waiter wheels early pays dividends later on in the cruise either way!

Archived