Celebration

DragonNC

We went in December 2003 when she was out of Galveston. Had a great time! She is smaller than the new ships but we like the smaller ships better. The ship is not going to have the grand entrance of the new ships but she is pretty and comfy. Very easy to navigate as well. Your trip will be what you make of it. Just go into the trip with a good attitude and you will have fun. Your mom won't be disappointed. Have a great time!!!:)

Hi, just got off the Celebration last Thursday! Havent had time to post a review yet, but it was really GREAT. I'd say overall for her to be an older ship she is holding up very well. The cabins were great! They along with some other areas were refurbished back in 2003 I think it was. The food was EXCELLENT! The only complaint was coming in and out of the port of Jacksonville. It was quite rough. Not sure if that has to do with the size of the port and the size of the ship. Also Arlene was heading that way around our cruise time too. Just something to keep in mind though! No complaints really!! You'll have a great time!!

:)

Thanks for the Celebration Review.

This is our 2nd cruise, our 1st being the Pride, and our nephew's 1st. We want him to have a great time on his 1st cruise. I foward your reviews on the Celebration to him.

:D

Can anyone please tell what you would akin the motion to coming in and out of Jacksonville. DW and I are both seriously worried about motion sickness....just want to be ready :). RMS How long did it take before it smoothed out, before you fell asleep that night? (I hope :))

I haven't gone out on the Celebration (yet - will 15 Sep). I've taken my own boat (21 footer), charter boats & the gambling boats.

Right at the jetties is the 'most fun'. Tide, wind & river current.

I've noticed some 'good rolls' right after leaving Port Canaveral.

I'm one of the lucky ones. The only time waves bother me is when my beer is knocked over or I'm rolled out of bed.

We have cruised twice on Celebration and I doubt you will be disappointed. We loved it both times. Once with a family group and once with just us. The excellent staff will make up for any short comings in the deco dept. My DW gets sick from a rocking chair or hammock. She used the Bonine Generic sold across the counter just ask for Mecklizine and started taking it an hour before we arrived at the dock.

The St Johns river has always been a lil rough going and coming out of the mouth of the river. The area just past where the Intercoastal waterway takes off seems to be the worse. The tide flow has a lot to do with how rough the water will be which is something the cruise lines has little control over.The outgoing tide run rides smoother. My DW found it better to be topside and watching the rise and fall of the ship with the horizon seems to cut down on the motion feelings. The rocking stops at about the time you reach the outer bouy.

Have fun on your cruise.:)

We were on the Celebration for a Jan. 15 sailing and had a fantastic time! Sea do get rocky along the Florida coast outside of Jax and again returning from Key West. But she is a great old ship, well kept, cozy and fun!!! We would recommend her in a heartbeat!!!

Thanks for all the replies! I will pass all of the "motion" info along to my mother. I've cruised quite a few times and can hold my own but was concerned for my mother. You guys/gals are the best! Any suggestions on what to do in port since it is such a short trip??!?!?!?!?!? :D

Hi! We were on Celebration in March. Yes, it will be rough going out of JAX. We noticed more motion about 1.5 hrs after sailaway (say around 5:30pm). Also noticed a lot of motion while watching people walk (think 2 sheets to the wind;) ). Personally didn't have any problems, and got used to it well before late seating for dinner (8pm). So it looks like 2-4 hrs tops :)

Return got a little rough too:rolleyes:

Karen

Archived