Summit fails health inspection

Celebrity Summit failed its health check.Inspectors finding heavy soiling in front of its Mast Bar and records that indicted crew including a food worker reported for work even after acquiring acute Gastro

What is going on???? They should ground ships for 14 days and make the cruise lines far more accountable. As it is the ship keeps sailing until a second inspection. In light of so many incidents I think its time there were heavy penalties for ships that fail to meet standards

Celebrity Summit failed its health check.Inspectors finding heavy soiling in front of its Mast Bar and records that indicted crew including a food worker reported for work even after acquiring acute Gastro

What is going on???? They should ground ships for 14 days and make the cruise lines far more accountable. As it is the ship keeps sailing until a second inspection. In light of so many incidents I think its time there were heavy penalties for ships that fail to meet standards

I'm not sure "grounding the ship for 14 days" is enough to take care of the problem. Let's be on the safe side and make it 28 days. That way EVERY crewmember from the captain to the paint scrapers can go to remedial classes on personal hygiene, health and safety, sanitation and safe food handling.

I am absolutely sure the thousands of passengers who miss their cruises will understand and be fully supportive of this line of thinking.

"Heavy penalties" are another absolutely fantastic idea. Those evil corporations that own cruise ships should be made to PAY and PAY dearly for their gross and willful violations and their INTENT to make their customers sick so that the FIRST thing those people think about when considering another cruise is how bad their last experience was.

Of course NONE of the costs would EVER be passed on to future customers.

And in the event of any cruiseship ever failing a second time, the captain could be hanged, the Food and Beverage Manager drawn and quartered, and the hotel director Keel Hauled.

Yah, THAT will handle the problem once and for all!

Archived