Opinions on Seavis Carnival Special Tour "Isla Saona Eco-dventure"

LuckyZ

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked for June for this 6 hour tour. 26 in our group so we have our own speedboat.

If anyone has done the Seavis "Isla Saona - Eco Adventure" tour, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Anyone?

Do a search on this forum for "Seavis" you'll see plenty of posts...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=38529360

Also reviews on Trip Advisor - there are some from cruise ship passengers http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g663484-d1554333-Reviews-SeavisTours-Bayahibe_La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republic.html

Have fun!

We were just on the Carnival Breeze last week and did the Seavis Carnival special tour. There is not much to do where you port so I am really glad we booked this excursion. They met us at the end of the pier and had us take a short bus ride to where we would get on the boat to the Island. Just a warning that the "speed boat" is a rough ride if you have a bad back....and they do tell you this. We did not have an issue with it but some might. The ride to the island was beautiful and they stopped along the way to talk about the history of the island and also the mangroves that we went through.

Once we got to the Island, we could snorkel, swim or just relax. Areas of the beach are very rocky so I would recommend water shoes. We were able to find an area to walk out in the water to swim where it wasn't rocky and enjoyed our time in the water. They then served a buffet lunch and drinks.

On the ride back we stopped on a sand bar and got to see many starfish. They also served rum punch and cake.

We were back in plenty of time and just got right back on the ship.

Thanks Kiki. I really appreciate the review.

By the way, I dont think any of us are going to get drunk, but what is the alcohol availability during the tour. I dont think they serve anything on the boat, but can you easily get something during the beach time?

When you get to the Island, I know they served rum with coke but I don't know if there was anything else. I didn't care for my drink because there was no ice so it was warm. I think there might have been beer but I didn't see that.

On the way back when we stopped to see the starfish, they served rum punch which was a little colder and they also had a cake and fresh pineapple.

I just did this tour two weeks ago- it was fabulous. I have a full review and pictures included my the review included in my signature. It was worth every penny; one of my favorite excursions ever!

probably one of the best tours that we ever did! would highly recommend it. just an fyi tho, when you get off the ship you have to walk almost to the end of the gates to get the driver for the tour. we were kinda confused so i asked a guard or tour director where we meet sevis tours at and she pointed me to the guy outside the gate and from there it was smooth sailing!

I just did this tour two weeks ago- it was fabulous. I have a full review and pictures included my the review included in my signature. It was worth every penny; one of my favorite excursions ever!

Awesome review and photos. I really appreciate that

• 3 weeks later...

I just read your wonderful review of the excursion. Looks like a lot fun! My mom and I are booked for this excursion in November. Reading the part about the speedboat made me a little nervous about my mom (65) doing the tour. She's done the Twister speedboat in Cozumel so I guess she would be okay on this one. I'll email Seavis just to see what they say. Thanks!

I just read your wonderful review of the excursion. Looks like a lot fun! My mom and I are booked for this excursion in November. Reading the part about the speedboat made me a little nervous about my mom (65) doing the tour. She's done the Twister speedboat in Cozumel so I guess she would be okay on this one. I'll email Seavis just to see what they say. Thanks!

Hi,I I'm glad you liked my review. We had such a great time on every island. The main worry I had is that I have a bad back and the boat ride is bouncy. I wanted to go bad enough that I took the risk and I made out okay. I was a little sore on the ride. However, unless your mom has a bad back, she should be fine. They usually ask the young and adventurous to ride up front where the ride is bouncier. I sat closer to the back of the boat where we had some shade from the sun and a little less bounce.

Have contacted Seavis for the special "Carnival" tour that takes the speed boat for the tour, then stops at the island for swimming/snorkeling/lunch, then goes back into the water stopping at the sand bar to check out the star fish....

Anyway, they now have two full boats.

They must have 12 more in order to take out the 3rd boat.

With our family, they have four.

Are there any others out there who are interested in this tour that would want to add to our numbers to help get to 12? (If we all reserve at the same time, we can save 10%....it cost $65 a person, plus an additional $15 per person for the taxi ride).

This is far less than the cruise ship sponsored tour (which offers less to do, too).

Interested???

Have contacted Seavis for the special "Carnival" tour that takes the speed boat for the tour, then stops at the island for swimming/snorkeling/lunch, then goes back into the water stopping at the sand bar to check out the star fish....

Anyway, they now have two full boats.

They must have 12 more in order to take out the 3rd boat.

With our family, they have four.

Are there any others out there who are interested in this tour that would want to add to our numbers to help get to 12? (If we all reserve at the same time, we can save 10%....it cost $65 a person, plus an additional $15 per person for the taxi ride).

This is far less than the cruise ship sponsored tour (which offers less to do, too).

Interested???

Did you try your roll call, too? We had over 80 people sign up just from the roll call and a total of over 100 people altogether. I was worried there would be too many of us, but they pulled it off flawlessly and we had a great time.

We did the tour with Pro Excursions last week.....It was awesome. Same price as Seavis....The beach we went to appeared to be much nicer...you might want to try them

We did the tour with Pro Excursions last week.....It was awesome. Same price as Seavis....The beach we went to appeared to be much nicer...you might want to try them

Hello gobama: was the speedboat on the Pro Excursion tour extremely bumpy as well - more talking extreme jolting vs. a few bumps which my back issues can handle. I didn't notice any back disclaimers on the Pro Excursion website - which I know is at my own risk.

Anyone else know of a smoother ride tour - but young (at heart) and fun as well?

Will be on the Carnival Freedom June 1 departure from FLL. Thank you!

Hello gobama: was the speedboat on the Pro Excursion tour extremely bumpy as well - more talking extreme jolting vs. a few bumps which my back issues can handle. I didn't notice any back disclaimers on the Pro Excursion website - which I know is at my own risk.

Anyone else know of a smoother ride tour - but young (at heart) and fun as well?

Will be on the Carnival Freedom June 1 departure from FLL. Thank you!

I'll put in my 2 cents on this, if I may. My husband has a bad back and I'm afraid of speedboats.

Last Tuesday we went with Pro Excursions, no problems with bumps whatsoever. My husband didn't have any complaints and even I could relax after a couple of minutes.

I sent Pro Excursions a mail prior to the tour inquiring about back problems and they informed me it's best to sit at the back of the boat.

We had an excellent day and the ride was awesome.

Gobama,

How did the beach you all visited using ProExcursion appear "much nicer"?

Just trying to figure out if possibly we should change?

We're currently booked on Seavis, but thinking now we might want to switch.....

just trying to figure out how the beaches might be different?

Could you see the beach Seavis uses?

(not trying to be cynical or skeptical, and I hope my questions don't appear that way....I realize that just reading words that it might come across that way....I'm just truly trying to figure out what we might prefer...that's all)

Thanks bunches!!

robin

p.s. and I am SO glad you tipped me off about proex!!

I was just there with seavis last week. One of my highlights of the cruise.the guy in front of me had back surgery and did not complain.the island is just awesomely beautiful. I loved the speedboat and snorkeling there while the wife and girls found sand dollars and beautiful conch shells on the beach just down past carnivals spot. my youngest found big star fish at the island in the water.carnival had a spot right next too us about 50 yards down the beach.even the food on the bbq was good then just when I thought it couldn't get any better me and the girls found 3 big star fish at the starfish sandbar I almost forgot about the hermet crabs home a plastic shot glass even they like the rum

Gobama,

How did the beach you all visited using ProExcursion appear "much nicer"?

Just trying to figure out if possibly we should change?

We're currently booked on Seavis, but thinking now we might want to switch.....

just trying to figure out how the beaches might be different?

Could you see the beach Seavis uses?

(not trying to be cynical or skeptical, and I hope my questions don't appear that way....I realize that just reading words that it might come across that way....I'm just truly trying to figure out what we might prefer...that's all)

Thanks bunches!!

robin

p.s. and I am SO glad you tipped me off about proex!!

We could see the beach that Seavis went to....it was near the pier we snorkeled at and it looked very crowded compared to the beach we went to....I can't even begin to explain how beautiful it was....I am attempting to add a picture of the beach we went to. There were many conch shells on the beach.....so nice.....wish I was there now!

I will also add.....we had several friends that went with Seavis that were extremely happy as well....I just like a smaller group.

P4300179.jpg.92213dd3c756392fd4a36ed9eb0cceb1.jpg

Archived