Really good food in SJ??

grammie2maddie

Can anyone offer a good spot for lunch - not run of the mill, but delicious? Sorry - I know the answer here somewhere, but I can't find it.

Thanks!

If you've got the time, I highly recommend doing the Foodie Lunch Tour from Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours (http://www.sanjuanfoodtours.com/). I just got back from a cruise that had a loooong port in San Juan (7AM - 10PM), and this was completely worth the money.

Our guide, Micole, was friendly, a PR native who has spent time teaching English in Spain--she had virtually no accent when speaking English--and she gave great food, culture, and historical information about OSJ. We seriously considered trying to book their dinner tour for the same night because we loved it so much. The only reason we didn't do it was because they gave us a list of places to try, and coupons, so by evening we felt confident enough to venture out on our own for food. By far, our favorite spot was Rosa de Triana (address: 72 Caleta de San Juan).

Archived