Anybody Tip in Chops Grille?

What do you consider great service to justify tipping over 30% for a meal (glasses full, warm food, get a smile, back and scalp massage). We saw the same service in the MDR and saw no one leaving extra $$ for the waiters for great service.

I think there are a number of people who tips extra in the MDR at the end of the cruise. I know you see a lot on here who add extra tips to their regular tips or are looking for envelopes to give them something on top of their pre-paid tips, so yes it does happen.

I guess I missed that because it doesn't bother me. Maybe he's just referring to the general tone of some posters. Some posters will say that they choose not to tip extra, but then they take it further, going on about how the servers make plenty of money, other people are stupid for leaving extra, etc etc. That sounds kind of cheap to me too; insulting to other posters at the least. And I am not referring to any one post; it happens on a lot of these tipping threads.

You are correct. I wasnt referring to anyone or any one post on this thread. I was making a general remark about people who feel tipping is pretty much a waste of money. Sorry if anyone misread.

This thread is so crazy.

Most of you might as well start a bonfire in your back yard and just burn your money. You all seem to have enough of it to waste it.

Ticktoneer-

All I can say is that I didn't start the thread out crazy. I pretty much had enough opinions to go on after #20 or #21. This thing kind of took on its own life, as expected! LOL

We always tip above and beyond for great service.

Having said that...I've often wondered about those who actually work their magic in the kitchen.

After all great service is one thing..great food is another thing. If you have a great innovative chef you are in for some great meals.

We've never tipped a chef...ever. We given him/her great compliments...but no tip.

I would be interested to know if anyone has ever tipped a chef after a particularly spectacular meal.

Hubby and I haven't tipped a chef either, although I've had some dishes that may have certainly warranted it...they were delish! I wouldn't even know how to go about doing something like that anyway. They are probably salaried professionals, making pretty good money.

Archived