The Farewell - Monarch of the Seas

Thanks for the really cool details! Great photos. I never sailed on Monarch but my DH and I did Majesty in Feb so that we could sail on the smaller class of ships before they go away entirely! Maybe we'll try to do the farewell sailing of Maj! Does anyone know when that will be?

I think that the plan is to keep the sisters together. Most likely date for Majesty leaving is April or May 2015. She will go to the Spanish Pullmantur to join her sisters Sovereign and Monarch, along with the old Nordic Empress. Pullmantur will move Zenith to CDF Croisieres de France to join her sister, Horizon, with Celebrity's Mercury and Galaxy at TUI Cruises for the German market.

I went on the Monarch in 2006 for a four night cruise out of California and had a great time. I happen to really like that ship and the Majesty also. For short cruises, it is a good size since you do not feel like you have missed everything on a bigger ship.

I went on the Majesty two years ago on the four night out of Miami and also had a great time. The crew is incredible!

Of course, now I am booked on the Allure. From the smallest to the largest. I am weird!

Here are some pictures taken in 2006 of the Monarch.

monarch1.jpg.813e19ad68f720a562aca035431275f3.jpg

monarch2.jpg.68a908a9abfa714762f871304afdf6a9.jpg

monarch3.jpg.42e161516e858e58ddbfe09a7f6ca83e.jpg

monarch4.jpg.0811861b0b925cbf0c7cba8b7868d808.jpg

• 9 months later...