So dizzy!

Alaskabound77

Hi - I had the same problem after getting off the Wonder on March 16. It was really pretty bad. In addition to the dizzy/out of it feeling, I felt overly tired and had trouble concentrating. The first time I went for a run after the cruise - 2 days later - I got sort of light headed and little nauseous! In those couple of days right after the cruise, I was wondering if I'd ever want to go on a cruise again!! Luckily, for me, it started decreasing after 4 days and was gone within a week or so of debarkation. And, I will happily get back on a boat :)

I think this is relatively common, but the severity and duration can vary widely from person to person. The most serious form of this is called "mal de debarquement", which can last years, but from what I understand, that is pretty rare.

I would just hang in there and see if it goes away in a few days or a week or two!!

On a few cruises I had the same problem and it got worse with each cruise; the worst one took over three weeks after the cruise to go away. On my last cruise, I took a Dramamine before bed the last couple nights of the cruise - had no problems once back on land. It was a relief, and I will do that every cruise from now on.

I have the same problem. No motion issues on the boat, but dry land makes me sick. It will get better as the days go on. I always find that the bathroom is the last place to stop moving.

Archived