Are the back cabins -6038 on Relfection good?

traveller

we just got our cabin gty and it is 6038 which is on the BACK of the ship.

I know that the balconies are larger due to the location but have heard that there is a SOOT problem...

Can anyone tell me if this is true? it has been awhile since we have been on Celebrity and the first on one of these huge Solstice ships...

SO ALL help is appreciated..

thx in advance

Andy

I just got back from an aft cabin cruise on RCCL. We loved the aft cabin, as the balcony was extra large.

I will say that on a few days, there was a very fine coating of soot on the rail and on the chairs/tables. For those days, I just used a wet wash cloth and wiped quickly over the items. It took less than a minute and everything was fine.

Most days there was no soot, but just be on the lookout. I think it was mostly port days where the wind and our docking angle combined to allow the soot to get to the balcony.

No worries.

we just got our cabin gty and it is 6038 which is on the BACK of the ship.

I know that the balconies are larger due to the location but have heard that there is a SOOT problem...

Can anyone tell me if this is true? it has been awhile since we have been on Celebrity and the first on one of these huge Solstice ships...

SO ALL help is appreciated..

thx in advance

Andy

Just got off Reflection and had Aft C-1 #1222. Deck 10 almost right in the middle of the aft cabins. As stated earlier the only time we had a soot issue was on port days and it wasn't bad at all. Just had the designated damp towel and wiped down the rail and the chairs. took 2 min. They did hose down the balcony twice during the cruise.

HI All...

thanks for the heads up...

can't wait...gonna get the damp towel ready ...I don't think the balcony on this rear cabin is as large as u all say...I have been on other Celebrity ships where the aft cabins were huge but the pic on the actual cabin pix online looks like the normal..only difference is I will see the dolphins following the ship if they are in the area...

Andy

HI All...

thanks for the heads up...

can't wait...gonna get the damp towel ready ...I don't think the balcony on this rear cabin is as large as u all say...I have been on other Celebrity ships where the aft cabins were huge but the pic on the actual cabin pix online looks like the normal..only difference is I will see the dolphins following the ship if they are in the area...

Andy

Correct...the aft/stern cabins on the S Class ships do not have large balconies....those are a feature of the M Class stern cabins. There are a few cabins on the S Class stern that have a slightly wider balcony (due to the layout of some interior storage closets etc), but all the S Class aft/stern balconies have a normal depth.

Soot was not a major problem when we stayed on the aft on both the Eclipse and Equinox...a damp towel and a few secs on some mornings, and all was well.

Keep a lookout for the dolphins:D...enjoy the soothing sounds of the wake; enjoy a glass of wine at sail-aways; and love that view !!

Enjoy !!

Woody

Archived