Do I want to get the PH Passport?

uncletr21

I was about to book the US Arizona with audio tour but also see the Passport that includes a bunch of things. Does the passport save you time and money? If so, about how much of both?

We are planning to tour on a Saturday, before departing POA, and driving over. I'm not sure how long the kids will last so wonder if we should just tour around and buy the other things as needed but I want to avoid lines if at all possible.

Is the bag storage easy (self service lockers) or might there be a line for that?

I don't know about the Passport but the line to drop off our backpack wasn't long although it could be if many are checking in bags...just no way to know for sure.

Absolutely get the pass. What ages are the kids. The USS Missouri & USS Bowfin are actual ships you can go on. THe air museum may not be of interest, but the other 3 sites are a must.

Arizona represents the start of the war. USS Bowfin is a submarine. USS Missouri represents the end of the war. You stand on deck where the actual surrender took place. Totally awesome.

I would say 2-3 hours to do everything. And if of interest will definitely save money.

Absolutely get the pass. What ages are the kids.

The kids are 13/14 and not always too interested in history, especially if they are hot.

I'm not super concerned with saving money. If I ended up booking the Arizona and just walked up the the sub and battleship, are there long lines to process your payment for entry? The other things don't have "start times" even with a passport, right?

Anyone else recommend just making the Arizona reservation and doing everything else as we go in case we only want to do the sub but not the battleship or air museum?

I just looked up pricing at it looks like the pass saves 4.50 but I'd probably only want to do it if ya'll think it's a big time savings (long lines to buy admission to other museums.)

Arizona with audio tour - 7.50 (definately would reserve this)

sub-10

battleship-22

aviation-20

total=59.50

There is a chance my crew will want to return rental car and get on ship w/o doing the aviation musuem.

I would only recommend the passport if you are military history buffs. I am, but my family is not.

There is plenty to see just with the basic Arizona tour and free exhibits near the gate... that could fill 2 hours by itself.

I paid extra for the Aviation museum and enjoyed it but my daughters (10 and 12) didn't get too much out of it. They did like the Pearl Harbor flight simulator, but that cost extra.

By the time we had seen the Arizona, Aviation museum, and a few free exhibits the kids were tired and wanted to go home.

There are coupons to be found in the local Hawaii tourist ad books... I think there was a half price aviation museum one in there.

Insist that your kids go...and get interested in all the passport accesses...

They will not always be so young and will remember that they have "been there" when the topic of Pearl Harbor comes up!

I know it's hard to deal with kids who would rather be by the pool with a burger (can't blame them there!) but seeing Pearl Harbor is a pretty significant event for all Americans who have the chance...

Just my thoughts...

Jennifer

Archived