Portland,Maine Docking

surmy777

Could someone please tell where the Veendam will dock on Aug.23, have a tour lined up with Portland Discovery and there is something about two docks, I am a worrier so want to make sure I know what I'm doing. I sure have learned a lot from these boards. enjoy it a lot!!!Just makes cruising so much more enjoyable!:)

Gladys

If you have arranged a private tour, THEY will know where the ship is docked. The two docks are not that far apart. If your tour provider can't find your ship, I would worry about with whom you have booked. :D

You should be docking at the new Ocean Gateway terminal. The city spent a ton of money on this and it looks good!

http://www.oceangatewaymaine.org

Your cruise ship will be easily visible, the tour operator will be able to see/find it without any problems. I am sure the operators know of the new terminal, they would have to.

I would not worry!

Enjoy downtown Portland. We are leaving Maine on Thurs for Fort Lauderdale!

We have enjoyed our port days in Portland, Maine so much we returned to spend a weekend at a B & B with our friends and had a great time. It's a wonderful city IMO. They've done great job rebuilding, rehabbing and restoring.

Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as us. :)

Could someone please tell where the Veendam will dock on Aug.23, have a tour lined up with Portland Discovery and there is something about two docks, I am a worrier so want to make sure I know what I'm doing. I sure have learned a lot from these boards. enjoy it a lot!!!Just makes cruising so much more enjoyable!:)

Gladys

This schedule shows Veendam going to Portland's 3rd, and largest, cruise ship berth called Pier 2 Berth 2, or P2B2 for short on August 23rd

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2013.pdf

VEDM is scheduled to depart that same day at 1700 hrs which is the same time a much smaller cruise ship, Independence, from American Cruise Lines, arrives. She, however, is scheduled to go to the Ocean Gateway terminal at that time where she will remain overnight

Have a great cruise!:)

This schedule shows Veendam going to Portland's 3rd, and largest, cruise ship berth called Pier 2 Berth 2, or P2B2 for short on August 23rd

http://www.portofportlandmaine.org/schedule2013.pdf

VEDM is scheduled to depart that same day at 1700 hrs which is the same time a much smaller cruise ship, Independence, from American Cruise Lines, arrives. She, however, is scheduled to go to the Ocean Gateway terminal at that time where she will remain overnight

Have a great cruise!:)

John,

Do you know where that is in relation to where Maasdam has always docked when visiting Portland? Hope it isn't further from Portland Lobster Company. ;) I love looking at the pretty ship while we feast on our lobster lunch. :D

John,

Do you know where that is in relation to where Maasdam has always docked when visiting Portland? Hope it isn't further from Portland Lobster Company. ;) I love looking at the pretty ship while we feast on our lobster lunch. :D

Nope, never been to Portland, Me, S7S, but hope to one day! Bet ya, Princeton79 can answer that question for you

Portland Lobster Co. is as casual as it gets. Most of the tables are outside (with a roof covering) and are picnic benches. You put in your order, pay and they give you a plastic lobster that lights when your order is ready to go back and get it. :D

Delicious!!!!

Such fun and we've had many a tasty lunch there on a pretty day.

There are some indoor tables for a rainy day but you'll be lucky, I just know it....... it won't rain the day you are in Portland. :)

http://www.portlandlobstercompany.com/

Portland Lobster Co. is as casual as it gets. Most of the tables are outside (with a roof covering) and are picnic benches. You put in your order, pay and they give you a plastic lobster that lights when your order is ready to go back and get it. :D

Delicious!!!!

Such fun and we've had many a tasty lunch there on a pretty day.

There are some indoor tables for a rainy day but you'll be lucky, I just know it....... it won't rain the day you are in Portland. :)

http://www.portlandlobstercompany.com/

I concur! We have eaten there too....and I agree also that Portland is a great place to visit and explore. Have loved it every time we have gone there.

Archived