Ultimate Snorkel/Grand Turk-The Wall?

luvtovaca

Anyone been to Grand Turk and gone on the Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure excursion recently or in the past? Can you confirm whether or not one of the two stops is at The Wall? I have searched and am getting conflicting answers...Thanks! (Also posted in GT forum)

We took the "Sail Grand Turk & Snorkel" excursion last year while on the Freedom. Although we were within a stone's throw of "the cliff", the guides would not let us swim out over the edge. I tried and was told to stop. I am an experienced swimmer and snorkeler and was not putting myself in peril. I figure I can drown just as easily in 20 feet of water as I can in 7,000 feet of water.

The trip was decent, the snorkeling good and the rum punch was plentiful but if peering over the "cliff" is what you're after, look elsewhere.

Brian

I can't speak for the ultimate snorkel tour but I can give you my experiences. DW & I booked a trip thru Blue Water Divers before we went on our cruise & had a great time with them. I think that there were 6 of us on the trip & we spent the whole time in the water. We were in the same areas as the Carnival excursions but never did see the carnival groups as far out as the wall. Snorkeling with a smaller party was definately much better as there was no sea of arms, legs, etc. We were also able to get back in the boat much quicker & move on to the next area leaving much more time in the water.

I will say though that the wall was a bit disapointing............in the area where the wall drops off the water is 20 to 30 feet deep so it is somewhat difficult to see the bottom. The light does not penetrate deep enough to be able to see very well. The wall comes across just as a black abyss, I dove as deep as I could but all I could see was the black void......still neat but not what I had imagined. We enjoyed the other areas more.

If you want to see the wall then call Blue Water Divers.

I can't speak for the ultimate snorkel tour but I can give you my experiences. DW & I booked a trip thru Blue Water Divers before we went on our cruise & had a great time with them. I think that there were 6 of us on the trip & we spent the whole time in the water. We were in the same areas as the Carnival excursions but never did see the carnival groups as far out as the wall. Snorkeling with a smaller party was definately much better as there was no sea of arms, legs, etc. We were also able to get back in the boat much quicker & move on to the next area leaving much more time in the water.

I will say though that the wall was a bit disapointing............in the area where the wall drops off the water is 20 to 30 feet deep so it is somewhat difficult to see the bottom. The light does not penetrate deep enough to be able to see very well. The wall comes across just as a black abyss, I dove as deep as I could but all I could see was the black void......still neat but not what I had imagined. We enjoyed the other areas more.

If you want to see the wall then call Blue Water Divers.

I will second this. This was our identical experience in GT with BWD. I'd book it again.

Archived