POA refurbishment ?

Kapuna

Has anyone seen the results of the recent POA refurbishment ? I realize that the POA is currently on her first post-drydock cruise but , perhaps , someone on board could fill us in during the cruise or shortly after .

Information on the redecorated cabins , new suites , and new restaurants would be appreciated .

Mahalo !

Sorry not to have completed photos, but these are from a recent thread I started over on the NCL board, and you can get some glimpse. I think it's super that WiFi and flat screen TVs will also be in crew areas as well as for pax.

Moderno would seem to be a work in progress, although I don't know the date of the photo included from puddles99's nice set in the thread. Changes to the other restaurants, Lazy J's to Cagney's (Texas theme to Steakhouse theme), some refurbishments to Aloha Cafe/Buffet should essentially be complete.

Looking forward to seeing new carpeting and signage...our current lucky pax have promised to upload/send some new pictures soonest, and all POA fans appreciate their kokua ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1820322

Has anyone seen the results of the recent POA refurbishment ? I realize that the POA is currently on her first post-drydock cruise but , perhaps , someone on board could fill us in during the cruise or shortly after .

Information on the redecorated cabins , new suites , and new restaurants would be appreciated .

Mahalo !

Just off the POA yesterday. Other than the new TV in our balcony room (that never worked) I could not tell what was "new" the bed linens and couches in our balcony room had not been replaced (worn corners of the couch and small holes in the linens). To my naked eye the carpeting did not look new to me either. I think most of the dry dock work had to have been about adding the new suites and those floors were off limits to passengers. There were recurring plumbing issues all week and we could tell that the balcony areas needed painting as there were a few chips and it the corners needed a thorough cleaning.

Even with the issues, we still had a good time because we were not there for the ship but the island.

Just off the POA yesterday. Other than the new TV in our balcony room (that never worked) I could not tell what was "new" the bed linens and couches in our balcony room had not been replaced (worn corners of the couch and small holes in the linens). To my naked eye the carpeting did not look new to me either. I think most of the dry dock work had to have been about adding the new suites and those floors were off limits to passengers. There were recurring plumbing issues all week and we could tell that the balcony areas needed painting as there were a few chips and it the corners needed a thorough cleaning.

Even with the issues, we still had a good time because we were not there for the ship but the island.

Dissapointing. I am looking forward to your review, though.

Did you try the new Cagneys or Moderno restaurants by any chance ? Any comments on the Aloha buffet ?

Thanks for any information !

Archived