Quantum of the Seas.....interested?

RMS Olympic

I agree that this ship has a BIG wow factor and will give the NCL Breakaway a tough challenger.

I have not sailed on RCI and my perception is that it is very commercial with a bit too much going on to feel like I am on a ship. I could be wrong (imagine that!) and would appreciate feedback from those who have sailed the big RCI ships. Anyone else have that feeling before sailing on one?

We LOVE the big RCI ships!! We have always had surprisingly great service as well....It is nice to have so many things to choose from, and they have an equal number of spots just to chill in as well....

We LOVE the big RCI ships!! We have always had surprisingly great service as well....It is nice to have so many things to choose from, and they have an equal number of spots just to chill in as well....

Thanks MiamiSpartan! It really helps to get feedback from others when deciding on how to use vacation $$ (unitl I have the right Powerball numbers anyway).

We always sail Princess Cruises, but I love all cruise ships. I wondered how long it would take someone to copy Disney's idea of virtual port holes on inside cabins. It sounds like they're taking it to a whole new level with these 'virtual balconies'. If it's as cool as it sounds and looks (on the one video I could find of an actual demo one) I think every inside cabin on every ship should have these. Awesome idea.

I wouldn't mind checking out one of the Oasis class ships. We watched Oasis sail out of Ft. Lauderdale, while we were on the Crown Princess.

• 2 months later...
As a ship design enthusiast, I am anxious the see what RCI has planned for this new ship. The possibility that it will be more Radiance class on steroids than Oasis has me interested.

May try to sail her first Caribbean sailing if its out of Florida...not sure if they will sell the crossing.

Is this ship on your horizon?

I ust admit that I was shocked to read the second of the series will be out only 6 months later........Meyer Werft is really pumping them out!:eek:

Well for sure everyone knows it will be a Port Liberty based baby but if anyone is doing the TA maiden voyage from Southampton in 2014 please say hello to my best friend Chris who will be travelling alone on here. He's a great guy even if I hate him because I can't go!

Archived