Star Clipper October 19/13 Monaco to Malaga

Pooky77

I am brand new to this type of trip. We are a group of 6 singles. We have not booked our cabins yet. We are price conscious and want to know what the category 6 are like? It doesn't seem like there are many other choices that have twin beds in the next category. And less bumpy and noise seems better than a porthole to us. Ideas?!? Also, anyone else booked on this trip?

Also, ideas on things to do in ports, weather at this time of year? Would love to hear all that we can thanks!!:)

Pooky,

are you aware that cabins in category 6 have two bunk beds each? Instead of cat. 6 I would try to book 406 and 404. Both inside but much better cabins. Cabins 301 and 300 are excellent cabins for a single person. They have raised beds and the size of the bed is, in my opinion, too small for two persons. I would never book the following cabins: 139, 136, 137, 135, 133, 131 and 134, 132, 130 and 128. All of them have a lot of noise from the engine and/or generator and are quite warm as well.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful trip. You will meet lots of interesting, well travelled, passengers and being single is no problem at all. The crew will take good care of you. They are excellent. Enjoy!

Archived