AZURA A422 - August 14th 2014

lynne17

I so cannot wait for this cruise, on countdown already (and diet, lol) I note we have 4 formal nights, and I am trying to second guess when they might be (for reasons too long to explain) From looking at the itinerary does anyone else have a view on when they might be?

Thanks in advance

John

• 1 month later...

Hi spf. We've already booked 3 excursions - Katakolon (olives and wine) Piraeus (The Acropolis - Crown jewel of Athens) and Zakinthos (Blue caves and shipwreck). The last one is already showing as limited availability. We haven't booked any of the speciality restaurants yet but will certainly do so as soon as we board and we know the evening dress codes: We prefer the MDR on formal nights and wouldn't want to miss them. I realise that they will be probably on sea days, but prefer to wait before we book. Only 44 days to go :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the teenagers on this cruise (mine included) have set up a Facebook group to intro themselves before they go. If you have any teenagers going the group is here

https://www.********************/1449799558621212/

Or search Azura August 2014.

Some old faces from previous cruises for mine so that's a bonus but helpful for others as well.

Some of the teenagers on this cruise (mine included) have set up a Facebook group to intro themselves before they go. If you have any teenagers going the group is here

https://www.********************/1449799558621212/

Or search Azura August 2014.

Some old faces from previous cruises for mine so that's a bonus but helpful for others as well.

The starred our bit is https://www.********************/1449799558621212/

www dot facebook dot com /groups then the other bits

Hi spf. We've already booked 3 excursions - Katakolon (olives and wine) Piraeus (The Acropolis - Crown jewel of Athens) and Zakinthos (Blue caves and shipwreck). The last one is already showing as limited availability. We haven't booked any of the speciality restaurants yet but will certainly do so as soon as we board and we know the evening dress codes: We prefer the MDR on formal nights and wouldn't want to miss them. I realise that they will be probably on sea days, but prefer to wait before we book. Only 44 days to go :)

Hi Lynne - Been on Azura a couple of times and we prefer it to Ventura - I see that you are looking forward to the Glasshouse and one thing not widely advertised is the Taster Dinner that runs a couple of times each cruise in the Glasshouse for about 20 people. They pair a different wine with each course of the excellent dinner and is really worth the money. (about £25) You have to book quickly though when you first get on board as it books up quickly. (It is also known as the Supper Club). In the past I have emailed the food and beverage manager on board prior to the cruise to ensure that we get a place. This is the email add we used in March this year to prebook, worth a try - azfb@pocruises.com

Enjoy your cruise.

We are booked with our granddaughters (12&14) and are trying to find the FB group unsuccessfully can someone email me a link to brn1947@gmail.com so I can pass it on to the girls, this is their first cruise and making contact before they leave would be very helpful as they are a bit reluctant to join the kids clubs, the 12 year old particularly. I'm sure they'll have a great time if they do and any support from children around their own age would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi bee-ess. Yeah I'm aware of the Taster Dinner at the Glasshouse and really fancy a try. We'll wait until we board as we want to make sure we don't clash with the Formal nights, which we really enjoy in the MDR, and probably make quick bookings at all three - Sindhu, Seventeen and the Glasshouse. On previous cruises we've been on, the first night or two at the select dining venues was always discounted which is why we've not booked them via cruise personaliser which are all currently full price. Really looking forward to a fantastic cruise :)

Hi bee-ess. Yeah I'm aware of the Taster Dinner at the Glasshouse and really fancy a try. We'll wait until we board as we want to make sure we don't clash with the Formal nights, which we really enjoy in the MDR, and probably make quick bookings at all three - Sindhu, Seventeen and the Glasshouse. On previous cruises we've been on, the first night or two at the select dining venues was always discounted which is why we've not booked them via cruise personaliser which are all currently full price. Really looking forward to a fantastic cruise :)

The 2 times we have done this it was a 'Jacket Required' night. In the Caribbean there were 2 Taster Dinners - 1 each week.

Hey Folks,

Me and my partner have just booked on this cruise (17 Days to go!).

We found out we are expecting our first baby so thought we better sneak a holiday in before "bump" comes early next year. :D:D:D

Both avid cruisers and personally i've cruised Ventura 5 times but never Azura, so excited to see this sister ship.

Looking forward to seeing you all onboard!

• 2 weeks later...

Are we all excited for Thursday?? I know I am, can't come soon enough. Any ideas who our guest speakers might be, I always look forward to those sessions. Most interesting was a life boat guy who did some great talks on sea days on our last cruise. Anyone know who is currently on board?:

Yes really excited just a few loose ends to tie up here. On Oceana a couple of years ago we had talks about Concorde they were very interesting. Hoping for some good evening entertainment saw Jimmy James a couple of years ago on Ventura he was brilliant. Soon be here now. Safe journey to Southampton everyone:)