fishing in Ketchikan

jerseymermaid

We are headed on an Alaskan Cruise the first week of June. We wanted to do a Halibut fishing trip but were told it was not season. However, we are going fishing for Salmon then.

I checked out reviews on trip advisor and found a wonderful gentleman that has been doing this for 40 years. He is called Experience One. He does Halibut 6 hr trips and Salmon 4 hr trips.

Hope it helps some

Halibut charters out of Ketchikan, are iffy at best. Salmon is the usual catch. IF you truly want halibut, then Homer is the winner, along with Seward a good runner up.

My family has gone out, for years with Northern Lights, and clearly have always had excellent trips. Halibut was caught - once. :) going at various timeframes. This is over a 10++ year range.

We also used Ken, of Norther Lights two years ago while in Ketchikan. We booked the boat for just my husband and myself after Ken offered it up at an additional cost. Not that we are anti-social, just enjoyed the thought of less people on the boat.

We didn't catch any halibut, but did catch Rockfish, Cod and something else. Five in all I think. We had a wonderful time and would book through Ken again in a heartbeat.

• 2 months later...
Halibut charters out of Ketchikan, are iffy at best. Salmon is the usual catch. IF you truly want halibut, then Homer is the winner, along with Seward a good runner up.

My family has gone out, for years with Northern Lights, and clearly have always had excellent trips. Halibut was caught - once. :) going at various timeframes. This is over a 10++ year range.

Thanks! I was trying to decide what to do in Ketchikan, it's our 4th time and looking for something different. We've love Ward lake and Totem Bight and I've even scuba dove there - Amazing. But I was thinking about fishing for Halibut there to free more time in Kenai area. This post was VERY helpful!

Archived