Calypso cruises

Mhurst

Anybody sailed with them?

Hi Mhurst,

I have not sailed with Calypso Tours but I will be this December and I can't wait. This is the excursion I most want to do out of all the islands. I read a wonderful review with Calypso Tours as one of the excursions. This link should be the Barbados page with lots of pics:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1713980&page=7

On another review site I have read glowing reviews for Calypso Tours. I can just feel their joy and excitement so that is why I chose Nick and his dad Val for our day in Barbados. I have had prompt, informative, and fun emails from Nick answering my questions and making our reservations. He has a great personality and I think we will have a blast.

Whomever you chose I hope you have a wonderful time.

Anybody sailed with them?

Hi Mhurst,

I have not sailed with Calypso Tours but I will be this December and I can't wait. This is the excursion I most want to do out of all the islands. I read a wonderful review with Calypso Tours as one of the excursions. This link should be the Barbados page with lots of pics:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1713980&page=7

On another review site I have read glowing reviews for Calypso Tours. I can just feel their joy and excitement so that is why I chose Nick and his dad Val for our day in Barbados. I have had prompt, informative, and fun emails from Nick answering my questions and making our reservations. He has a great personality and I think we will have a blast.

Whomever you chose I hope you have a wonderful time.

We sailed with Calypso Tours last week and our day was the highlight of our cruise. Nick and Val made our day fun and couldn't have taken better care or us.

From the time we stepped onto the catamaran until the time we returned we offered food and any type of beverage we wanted. Nick and Val are personable and informative. You can tell that they really enjoy what they do. We had just the right balance of time to snorkel and time to relax. Our time with the turtles was amazing.

In the future when we return to Barbados we will definitely sail with Calypso again. Windinmahair you will really enjoy your day on Calyso.

We sailed with Calypso Tours last week and our day was the highlight of our cruise. Nick and Val made our day fun and couldn't have taken better care or us.

From the time we stepped onto the catamaran until the time we returned we offered food and any type of beverage we wanted. Nick and Val are personable and informative. You can tell that they really enjoy what they do. We had just the right balance of time to snorkel and time to relax. Our time with the turtles was amazing.

In the future when we return to Barbados we will definitely sail with Calypso again. Windinmahair you will really enjoy your day on Calyso.

Thank you Ir657 for letting me know about your amazing day with Calypso Tours. It's good to know the "This tour was awesome and unforgettable!" vibe I thought I was getting from Tripadvisor reviews matched your day. Now I am more excited then ever. lol

I too have taken this tour with Nick and Val. I wrote a review on Trip Advisor when we got back from our cruise last month. We had a great time and would do it again and again if we could. You won't be disappointed. The only negative thing I can say about it was we misunderstood where we were to be picked up at the port and waited in the wrong spot for a few minutes.

Nick is a great guy and is very good about getting back with you promptly when you email him. In fact we've emailed back and forth since then about a possible trip to Barbados. He's helping me find places to stay.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a tour with them. We had fun but when we went there was a lack of communication within the staff. We booked a private tour for our group, we showed up and they had OUR boat loaded with other people. Kind of upsetting. It put a damper on our day for sure. We were still able to sail BUT our private boat was now loaded with a few people who we didnt know. They did refund us and charged us for a group tour instead BUT I would have rather taken the tour we paid for. So we got less time on the boat and the lunch we were suppose to have wasnt there either. We made the best of it and did have fun though.

I took a tour with them. We had fun but when we went there was a lack of communication within the staff. We booked a private tour for our group, we showed up and they had OUR boat loaded with other people. Kind of upsetting. It put a damper on our day for sure. We were still able to sail BUT our private boat was now loaded with a few people who we didnt know. They did refund us and charged us for a group tour instead BUT I would have rather taken the tour we paid for. So we got less time on the boat and the lunch we were suppose to have wasnt there either. We made the best of it and did have fun though.

I am so glad your group still had fun on Calypso Girl. A vacation is really what you make of it isn't it. I know mistakes can happen but it would be disappointing to arrange a private tour only to arrive and find there are others onboard. What do you mean you didn't get the lunch you were suppose to get? I have read rave reviews on the lunch they serve and I know it is catered. Did that get messed up too?

yeah the lunch got messed up too. Is what it is...we made the best of it and still had a good time and they did refund us the price difference but I would have rather paid the higher cost and had our private tour. They did their best to work with us on the issue.

We have a private group tour booked with them in March - I hope that it stays "private" I will do a review when we return.

Thanks for your reviews as it helps when I write my confirmations emails I can make sure to mention "private" once again

yeah id make sure you keep in contact and keep reminding them you want private. I emailed them the day before we boarded our ship to confirm and we still ended up with our private tour being a public tour. Hope you dont deal with the same issue.

Archived