Very happy with tour in Ocho Rios with Peat Taylor

wantacruise

We just got back from our Western Caribbean cruise this past Sunday. I have read many negatives reviews, comments, etc., about Jamacia recently but, I have to say, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! We booked a tour with Peat Taylor along with several others from our roll call. He and his son met us at the pier in a nice 15 passenger van. Peat and Oneil were extremely courteous and obliging. They continually told us to let them know if we saw something (on our driving tour) we wanted to stop and look at closer. They gave us advice on how to avoid the pushy vendors at the falls and made us feel very secure while in their care. The falls were awesome and I would highly recommend climbing them at least once! We found the scenery on the driving tour beautiful! We decided not to do the tubing and elected to have Peat drop us off at the Taj Mahal shopping center which is right across the street from the Island Village shopping center. We shopped a little and stopped for a drink at Margaritaville before we made our way back to the ship. Peat even offered to pick us again and drive us to the ship but, we were comfortable walking there so we declined his offer. The people at Taj Mahal were a little more persistent than at Island Village but, no worse than downtown Cozumel!! In Fern Gully my DH was offered something illegal once by someone near the Fern Man but, he said no thank you and walked back to the van! Peat and Oneil sang to us during the tour and gave us general information about Jamaica. I would not have felt as comfortable at all if we had tried to tour Jamaica on our own. I would highly recommend Peat Taylor tours!!

Thanks for the review. We are booked with Peat in July. We are going to do the Falls, Fern Gully and then Margaritaville. Glad that you had a good time, I'm looking forward to our tour with him. We will be on the Victory.

Hi,

Peat was $35 per adult and I think he said $20 for kids. The price included admission to Dunns River Falls. He had prepurchased the tickets (I think they were $15 per adult) and handed them to us as we arrived. I felt it was well worth it. I didn't check the cruise ship excursions for Jamaica but, we had one scheduled for Grand Cayman that was the same price and that was only a one hour sightseeing bus tour. We didn't get to stop in Grand Cayman however, due to the rough seas from Tropical Storm Arlene. We actually tipped him on top of the price paid. If you go tubing, you have to pay for the admission there--not included in his price. We didn't do the tubing so I can't remember exactly how much extra that is. I'm thinking $20. You can do a google searh and find Peat's website and email information there. He responded back quickly to each of my emails to him.

Archived