Considering Room Change

toledo_cruiser

I need some opinions here from folks who have stayed in suites and the premium balconies. Have a 9B (8449) booked on the Valor. This is the room with the long balcony just north of the Verandah Deck aft wrap. A recent price cut means I could get an Ocean Suite on the Empress Deck for about the same price. I know the room change would put me midship, but that is not that much of an issue for me (being aft puts me closer to the food). :) We have stayed in aft balconies and wraps in the past and know that motion sickness is not a problem for us. Hopefully I'll be Platinum by that time so priority boarding is also not a concern. Other than the whirlpool tub, is there any other reason to upgrade to the suite? Searches tell me 8449 is larger than a normal balcony room and that the balcony is longer than a standard balcony, but I don't know how it compares to a suite balcony. Thanks..

Jim

I wouldn't upgrade for the tub. Totally not worth it. It's small. The best thing about a suite is that the room is bigger. We're booked in an extended balcony for our upcoming cruise, but it's one of the long, bowling alley balconies. I wouldn't switch to a suite for anything. We've also had an aft wrap and that was great. For me, the balcony is way more important than the room.

I wouldn't upgrade for the tub. Totally not worth it. It's small. The best thing about a suite is that the room is bigger. We're booked in an extended balcony for our upcoming cruise, but it's one of the long, bowling alley balconies. I wouldn't switch to a suite for anything. We've also had an aft wrap and that was great. For me, the balcony is way more important than the room.

Agree 100%. I spend more time on the balcony than the actual room. Love having extra space out there!

Stay were you are at....we were in that same room on the Glory (sister ship)...would book it again in a new york minute!! The room is huge and the balcony was awsome...all you get with the suite is a bathtub...same cabin size for less money is a no brainer...stay where you are at..I am jealous !

Our friends have stayed in that cabin on the Freedom and Liberty, while we were in 8455, aft wrap, next door. 8449 is huge a cabin with a long balcony. Last year on the Liberty, we hit Hurricane Isaac and spent a sea day indoor, in 8449. Six adults watched movies, played cards, mixed our own drinks, and ate room service no problem. Our other friends also had the cabin next to 8449, so we opened up the balcony dividers among the three balconies and had probably the biggest private deck on the ship! I'd say keep your cabin unless an aft wrap becomes available.

Archived