NCL Dawn - 10006 vs 9006?

BabsterA

Currently looking at a Dawn 2 BR suite for a January 2015 sailing, but am considering the DOS as a special treat.

The floor plan makes it look like the side balcony is larger in 9006, while the actual cabin size looks smaller. I'll be traveling with another couple - is the foldout bed in the LR big enough and relatively comfortable?

Does anyone have pros and cons for these two cabins? I understand the bridge can seem all/most of the front balcony for 10, so am leaning toward 9.

Other than the difference in price and the second bedroom/full bath, any reason to stick with the 2BR over the DOS?

Any/all thoughts welcome.

We have stayed in 10006. From what I remember, I do not think the couch would be comfortable for 2 adults..it's more love seat size then couch size.

The bridge overhang is right there by the balcony, but really didn't impact us much. The front balcony is larger than the side, but you could not sit out there while sailing, unless pulling into port.

I have posted pictures of this room before, I can find them again if needed.

We have also been in the 2 bedroom on the Star, also a nice room. The best thing is there is a shower in the second bathroom in the 2 bedroom.

The DOS are actually on 12 on the Dawn - the ones on 9 and 10 are OS (I think I've seen some confusion on NCL website). The inner two DOS on 12 have 2 bedroom/bath setup but no balcony if that is an option plus they are relatively new and they have great views.

There was a recent (past couple weeks) thread asking a similar question. The OS on 9 or 10 for 4 adults means they all have to share the same bathroom off the main bedroom as there is just a toilet/sink bathroom in the living room.

The living room bed is comfortable IMO but probably a bit of a stretch for adults - our younger kids slept on it last June in 10006. The ones on 10 vs. 9 have the dining alcove but supposedly smaller front balcony vs 9.

There are sliding doors and curtain between main bedroom and living room.

Archived