Carol, New Question

We are staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel for 3 nights at the end of September before our cruise. Which hop on bus is closest to our hotel? How would we get to Montserrat ? Considering doing the bus for 2 days and Montserrat the third day,if possible. What restaurants close by would you reccommend? We are staying at this hotel with points. Hope it is in a safe area and not too far from the main area.

Thanks.

Irene

We are staying at the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel for 3 nights at the end of September before our cruise. Which hop on bus is closest to our hotel? How would we get to Montserrat ? Considering doing the bus for 2 days and Montserrat the third day,if possible. What restaurants close by would you reccommend? We are staying at this hotel with points. Hope it is in a safe area and not too far from the main area.

Thanks.

Irene

If you do some reading on this board some of your questions can be answered that were just asked in the past week,ie,Monserrat.You can also use Google.

Thanks.

Irene

Both bus companies have a stop for Casa Batlló in Passeig de Gràcia which is 3-4 minutes walk from your hotel.

For City Tour (red bus) this is a connection stop for the east and the west routes.

For Bus Turistic (blue & white bus) it is a connection stop for the blue and red routes.

This means that you can choose either HoHo company and for each you can switch routes easily.

For information on how to get to Montserrat see my Barcelona Information pages (link in my signature) under ‘What to see’

It is very difficult to recommend a restaurant without knowing what type of food you like and what your budget is. Are you looking for lunch or dinner?

There are lots of places to eat in that area – it might be best to just have a look around to see what takes your fancy.

Carol, thanks for the information. Was wondering if we could get the funicular up the mountain at Espayna Station and back down to the same station. Do not want to take a cable car.

We are interested in restaurants for dinner around our hotel. Nothing very expensive or touristy. Would love some good paella. Is it safe to walk around that area in the evening?

Carol, thanks for the information. Was wondering if we could get the funicular up the mountain at Espayna Station and back down to the same station. Do not want to take a cable car.

We are interested in restaurants for dinner around our hotel. Nothing very expensive or touristy. Would love some good paella. Is it safe to walk around that area in the evening?

For the Montserrat Funicular you get the same train from Espanya station but you stay on until Monistrol de Montserrat which is one stop after Montserrat Aeri (the cable car stop).

Make sure when you buy your tickets at Espanya station that you ask for Monistrol NOT Aeri.

Don't worry if you are unsure, there are English speaking guides at Espanya to answer your questions.

Regarding restaurants. As I always say on these boards, paella is not a typical dish of Barcelona but if you want to try it I would suggest going to one of the restaurants in Barceloneta (about 2 miles away) or Port Olimpic (about 2.5 miles away). You can get to either of these by taxi for about €6-8. These are the best areas for seafood restaurants.

As I said in my previous post, if you want something near your hotel have a walk around and look for something you like the look of. I cannot give a personal recommendation as I don't usually eat in that area.

You should be fine walking around this area. Just take all the normal precautions suggested elsewhere on these boards.

Archived