Day in Lahaina

blakethan

Im on the POA and have two full days in Maui. I was wanting to spend as much time in the Lahaina area as possible on the second day. (First Day is Road to Hana) Questions:

How early does the bus system run?

Where do you get on the bus?

What is the best whalewatching co. in Lahaina to use?

After whalewatching would like to go to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. Can I catch another bus to a beach from the Front Street area?

Is all this possible? Ship leaves at 6:00.I know it takes about 45 min to Lahainia from the ship. Husband will not rent a car.

Im on the POA and have two full days in Maui. I was wanting to spend as much time in the Lahaina area as possible on the second day. (First Day is Road to Hana) Questions:

After whalewatching would like to go to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. Can I catch another bus to a beach from the Front Street area?

Is all this possible? Ship leaves at 6:00.I know it takes about 45 min to Lahainia from the ship. Husband will not rent a car.

Here's a link to the limited Maui bus system so you can decide if you're comfortable using this option.

http://www.co.maui.hi.us/index.aspx?NID=605

I've heard good things about the Pacifc Whale Foundation's whale watching trips.

There's a small beach area just south of the the Lahaina boat harbor & as you'll read on the Maui County bus site there's a bus that goes from the back of The Wharf Cinema Center (across from the large banyan tree adjacent to the harbor & a short walk). It goes to Ka'anapali with a nicer beach & the Whaler's Village outdoor shopping center with many shops & restaurants.

I know that your husband will not rent a car so your options are limited however I wouldn't depend upon public bus to go from Kahului to Lahaina but hope it works out great for you. :)

If your husband won't rent a car, you rent it! :D Shuttles pick you up and take you back to the ship. You can go where you want when you want in much more comfort. You do have to search for free parking spots there. We had huge car rental discount code through employer.

Archived