ever been offered discount 25% off?

tampagal

has anyone been offered 25% for delay or change in itinerary? They changed the itinerary on Imagination last Apr from Grand Cayman and Jamacia to only cozumel for mechanical problems. Promised 25% next cruise but never heard from them since. trying to book new cruise with discount and getting a run around. Anyone else have this problem before?

has anyone been offered 25% for delay or change in itinerary? They changed the itinerary on Imagination last Apr from Grand Cayman and Jamacia to only cozumel for mechanical problems. Promised 25% next cruise but never heard from them since. trying to book new cruise with discount and getting a run around. Anyone else have this problem before?

Do you have any documentation of the 25% offer? That would be a very generous offer based on what other passengers in similar situations were offered.

Good Luck.

I have the letter and was told I should be able to use it. They gave it to everyone because we ended up only going to cozumel on a 6 nt/7 day cruise. Didn't go to grand cayman or jamacia. The letter I have said it is good for a 7 day cruise and I wanted to use it on an 8 day one. not sure if this is going to be a problem...

I have the letter and was told I should be able to use it. They gave it to everyone because we ended up only going to cozumel on a 6 nt/7 day cruise. Didn't go to grand cayman or jamacia. The letter I have said it is good for a 7 day cruise and I wanted to use it on an 8 day one. not sure if this is going to be a problem...

It probably will be since its says good for just a 7 day cruise. Especially if you are trying to use it for Liberty, a brand new ship.

Everyone on board a Holiday sailing in February of '03 recieved a 50% off letter after a series of mishaps on that sailing. We used it the next year on the Paradise. At first, the online TA kept asking me to mail them the 50% off letter. I told them it was just a Xerox copy of ship's letterhead, and that the discount was offered to everyone on board. I asked them to call CCL and ask about the discount. I gave them the booking numbers for all of the Holiday cruisers (from our group) who were also wanting to book on the Paradise After doing that, everyone in my group got the 50% off discount with no more questions asked.

BTW, ( I know someone will ask) we had a complete power failure while still in the Mississippi River. This caused us to drift into the mud and get stuck. About ten hours later, after inspections by the USCG and LLoyds of London, we were able to continue. They changed our 1 stop from Coz to Key West. Then, because of high seas we were delayed in our arrival to Key West and only had about 3 hours in port. Then on the return trip to NOLA, we hit a freak storm that hit the ship with 50 knot winds broadside, and caused her to list about 30 degrees. Every table in the dining room, every shelf in the gift shops, every item in every cabin was on the floor. Plus, the Riviera Deck windows were at sea level, and many folks started coming up to the higher floors with their life jackets on. I was on the Lido deck with my daughter while she ate her breakfast. It was pretty scary to watch the contents of nearly every table in the room start to slide off on to the floor. My wife was in one of the gift shops. She said liquor bottles were coming off of shelves and breaking as they hit the floor + the clothing racks were all falling over. The crew responded well. I did not see panic among any of them, and they quickly asked people to move to safer areas. The ship began a slow turn into the wind and it took about 30 minutes to get her stable and upright.

Other than that, we had a GREAT cruise! The food and service were great, and the CD was always out in the halls talking to everyone (AKA damage control).

We saved enough with our 50% letters to pay for our airfare to Miami.

All your TA would have to do is to get Carnival to bring up your booking number from the Imagination. It will have the information there on what was offered. Last year while I was on the Fantasy, Carnival gave us 50% off a future cruise due to changes with Hurricane Francis. We were just told to give the info mentioned above to our TA/PVP and all would be handled.

I guess my problem is I don't have a TA. I was told I have to call Guest Relations and then Research and then my Carnival booking agent tomorrow when the departments are open. I secured a price and they said they would adjust it after I speak to everyone else. YOu would think they could figure it out amongst themselves and give me a call back. But I guess that's not how it works. Just feel like I am getting a run around...

I guess my problem is I don't have a TA. I was told I have to call Guest Relations and then Research and then my Carnival booking agent tomorrow when the departments are open. I secured a price and they said they would adjust it after I speak to everyone else. YOu would think they could figure it out amongst themselves and give me a call back. But I guess that's not how it works. Just feel like I am getting a run around...

If you are booking directly with Carnival which it sounds as if you are, then your PVP should be doing this work for you and as you say getting back to you with an answer. My PVP told me if we decide to use that 50% off to call her and she would handle everything. I can only assume that she would have.

This is why I love Carnival!!! I called the research department today about the 25% off the 7 day cruise. They found out what the eight day cruise cost per day, gave me 25% off the first seven days and we only pay full price the last day. Good thing I ordered yesterday too because they got rid of the military today!!! Our balcony room is cheaper than what people are paying for an inside room. Can't wait to go!:rolleyes:

Archived