Boarding Reflection today!

Mazbutler

Having cruised to Santorini twice I believe they still sail to an area just so the Ship Tour attendees can tender out. Then they move to another spot, (no anchor) where everyone else piles off and is tendered to Fira to either climb, donkey ride or cable car up the cliff. IMHO - Do the donkey ride!

2MC

Thanks 2MC

Is that what happened yesterday in Santorini Mazbutler?

:)

Just sailing through the Straits of Messina this morning. So beautiful. Lovely weather after lots of rain yesterday. I have to say that this ship is so amazing. The staff are incredible, the ship pristine, the food delicious. We had dinner at Tuscan Grille last night and WOW! Our waiter even gave us his email address in case we are ever in his home town and he can show us around. The food was so good. DH hasn't stopped eating.

I am collecting all the information for my review afterwards.

Just a few things, the Porch was open for embarkation. The Bistro and Porch etc were very empty and the buffet was packed and chaotic.

Current CD is Damien De Lorenzis. I will try and find out how long he will be on for.

Embarking in Civitavecchia was really easy. We were on board in about 10 minutes all up. We are in a suite so not sure if that made a difference. All the lines looked pretty reasonable. We got on about 1145am.

Am taking notes of each day so I can remember and also keeping the dailies etc. we have our CC gathering in 5 minutes at the Sunset Bar. I got an invitation and also a message on the room phone about it.

Massage for DH and facial for me booked today.

What can I say? Best honeymoon ever!:)

Hello Maria

Glad you are having a fantastic cruise and honeymoon!:)

I just wondered if you could tell me who the bartenders are at the Martini Bar please?

I was hoping to see Putu who we saw last year but I don't think he is on there. I heard that Ricardo may be there though. I hope so.

Thank you.

Katherine

... everyone else piles off and is tendered to Fira to either climb, donkey ride or cable car up the cliff. IMHO - Do the donkey ride!

2MC

Donkeys sound cool. How long do they take, is it humane and how expensive?

Hi All

Just had to post as today is embark day in Rome (Civitavecchia). Thanks for all the good advice and information to get to today. You are all marvelous. If the Internet is good I will report in on board, so any questions/requests, just ask. Bring on the cocktails! :D:D:D

Maria

I am eager to hear about the disembarkation times at the end. We have an early flight in June out of Rome.

Donkeys sound cool. How long do they take, is it humane and how expensive?

If you search the port section about Greece there are many thoughts on donkey vs the cable car. The donkeys walk the path themselves, no one leads them which freaks some people out. From my understanding both the donkey & cable car are 4-5 Euro.

Hi All

Just having a quick bite in Oia before heading back to the ship. So beautiful here. Our weather has not been great but it is learning now. Cable car was chaotic, especially in the rain. Have been working my way through the Molecular Bar cocktails. Qsine last night was amazing but as everyone reports, alot of food!

I am not sure if Godzilla was at Tuscan. How could anyone be mean to JW and Jerome? Crazy.

Formal nights are the sea days. Good mix of tuxedos and jackets.

Saw SinCity last night. Soooooo funny. Everyone was in stitches.

Best get back to the ship before she leaves without us:D

thanks for all your feedback am really excited as we are joining on the 17th.hope weather has improved for you and you are having fantastic time can you tell me how much the classic and premium drinks packages are on board to purchase .on line the premium is £409 each is this correct on board still trying to convince myself to purchase but £40 day each seems a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived