Mambo/Con Tiki/Cabana

cbaser

I've read these beaches are all pretty much the same beach, just different sections. Is that the case? Is any one recommended over the other? Just looking for pretty water and nice sand, maybe a beach lounger and a frozen beverage. I know the beaches on the west side are nicer, but my ship doesn't hit port til 2:00 and I'm sure I wouldn't be the first off the boat, and they close at 6:00, plus factor in the long cab ride and we wouldn't have a lot of time there for the effort. I think we'll walk to the floating market for a taste of some good ripe fruit (hopefully), then take a taxi to one of the nearby beaches for a couple hours. Do any of the above have massage services (assuming it would be cheaper than on the ship)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Your plans sounds about right.

I would enter at Cabana Beach (first beach) and then continue your way to Seaquarium (kind of like a beach hop/bar hop).

They used to have massages on the beach, don't know if they still do. You can ask at the front desk at the Lions Dive hotel.

I've read these beaches are all pretty much the same beach, just different sections. Is that the case? Is any one recommended over the other? Just looking for pretty water and nice sand, maybe a beach lounger and a frozen beverage. I know the beaches on the west side are nicer, but my ship doesn't hit port til 2:00 and I'm sure I wouldn't be the first off the boat, and they close at 6:00, plus factor in the long cab ride and we wouldn't have a lot of time there for the effort. I think we'll walk to the floating market for a taste of some good ripe fruit (hopefully), then take a taxi to one of the nearby beaches for a couple hours. Do any of the above have massage services (assuming it would be cheaper than on the ship)?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We were last there back in December - and went to Cabana beach. The 3 beaches (Mambo, Contiki and Cabana) are all quite nice. All your beach criteria can easily be met. Next time we visit, we'll certainly stop back.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been reading up on Cabana beach and have seen several posts that speak of topless areas of this beach. Is it the whole beach or just part of it? Are there any good beaches that aren't clothing optional... I think we're going to get enough of that in St Maarten :(

I have been reading up on Cabana beach and have seen several posts that speak of topless areas of this beach. Is it the whole beach or just part of it? Are there any good beaches that aren't clothing optional... I think we're going to get enough of that in St Maarten :(

Don't worry about this. There is a secluded area where some ladies choose to take their tops off for tanning.

You will not be "confronted" with nudity, if that's what you're worried about.

In St. Maarten, there are some parts of the beach (Orient and Dawn beach) where clothing is optional and if you visit THAT part of the beach you will see naked people.

So, in essence, you will not run into fully naked folks on Curacao and in St. Maarten you might - ONLY if you visit the specific part of the beach (which is mentioned on the boards when you get there).

No worries - just go and enjoy your beach day.

Don't worry about this. There is a secluded area where some ladies choose to take their tops off for tanning.

You will not be "confronted" with nudity, if that's what you're worried about.

In St. Maarten, there are some parts of the beach (Orient and Dawn beach) where clothing is optional and if you visit THAT part of the beach you will see naked people.

So, in essence, you will not run into fully naked folks on Curacao and in St. Maarten you might - ONLY if you visit the specific part of the beach (which is mentioned on the boards when you get there).

No worries - just go and enjoy your beach day.

I keep reading that (not just from you) about the family side of Orient beach where full nudity will not be seen. Well, that is just not true. When we were there a few years ago there were several "strollers" strutting their stuff. We were on the far end of the family side of the beach. Well away from the "clothing optional beach" area. It did not ruin my day. I just went back to my book. Trust me. There was nothing to see.:rolleyes: But for some families it may be an issue.

I was at Cabana last Wednesday and didn't see any nudity. Somebody asked about snorkeling... If you swim out to the rock shore break (maybe 100 yards?? - easy with flippers but a struggle without) there are a good number of fish to be seen on the safe/beach side. We didn't venture to the sea side but there are a few gaps through which to do so but I don't recommend. We enjoyed the beach, playing in the pretty water and snorkeling a bit. Admission was $3.50 pp if I remember correctly and for whatever reason they didn't charge us for chair rental. There is a massage hut on the beach and the price for a 60 minute massage was $70, but we didn't partake.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 1 month later...

Archived