WHAT A DEAL!!! - DC/Baltimore to FLL

tinalouise69

Okay - so I am new to posting on Cruise Critic but have been reading the boards for years. I have gotten lots of tips and wanted to give back because I stumbled across a GREAT deal.

A group of 6 of us are sailing on NCL Epic in November out of MIA. As I have been checking rates, they have been running between $250-$300 for MIA and bit lower for flying into FLL. Even though our cruise is still 6 months out, I was on a travel website looking for something else & decided to check again.

I truly thought I was imagining things. Flights on AirTran from BWI to FLL RT for $120 per person. We just saved OVER $700 for 6 of us...if the rates stayed as low as they were....

I looked at their website to see why it would be so low and found a $59 one way sale - but that said it ended in October. From what I can see, this fare is available all the way through December - though no idea how long it will last. Definitely would not wait if you need to travel from the DC region - especially if you have a group! :D

You can get some nice fares to FLL from BWI/DCA (WAS is for all Washington, DC). My scores are most often Jet Blue, Air Tran and SWA all of which need to be checked out on their own sites. The prices vary hugely because of the cruise ship flux -- Monday late, Tuesday and Wednesday are the best days. The huge numbers of cruise "beds" going out on Sat and Sun push the price up hugely. Good Luck and if you see a fare of under $100 each way (including at least one bag!) grab it -- you have a good deal.

My granddaughter lives about 2.5 miles from FLL airport so you know I am always keeping an eye on it.:p

Archived