Sapphire Princess pre-cruise?

DeltaOne

We're on the Sapphire Princess 12/17/05. We'll get into LAX around 3 pm on the day before the cruise. There really won't be much time to see LA, San Pedro or Long Beach.

Someone on our roll call recommended a tour of the Queen Mary in Long Beach. In checking the QM web site, it seems like spending our one night pre-cruise on the Queen Mary would be fun. We'd take the tour of the ship and have dinner in one of her restaurants. Seems like a great way to start our cruise!

My research on the Ports area here shows mixed reviews of the Queen Mary...some say they found it shabby with "okay" food, some have loved the experience.Has anyone done this? How was it? Any tips?

I've done the Ghosts & Legends tour, which was really good. Haven't stayed there so I can't comment on the rooms. We have eaten at one of the restaurants Sir Winston's, we didn't care for the food, and thought it was overpriced. That said, there is plenty to do and see in the Pike/Downtown Long Beach area. Lots of restaurants like Bubba Gumps, The Yardhouse, Hooters, P.F. Changs etc. Shopping and a movie theater. The Pike is only 2 years old. This is just over the bridge from the QM. Next to the QM is a hotel called the Coast, I haven't stayed there in over 3 years. My family stayed there for my wedding and the hotel was a little older but nice great view of the ocean.

• 1 month later...

Archived