One cruise - several departure ports

We are sailing the Western Mediterranean with the Legend OTS. During this 7-night-cruise there are several departure ports, passengers have the opportunity to join the cruise on one of the first three days.

What does this mean? Muster drills in every departure port? What about the shows, no welcome party, no farewell celebration? Having different table-mates in MDR? What time can we board the ship - we arrive on second day, I don't know how many people checking out this day or leave the ship only for shore excursions? :confused:

Please tell me your experience about cruises with several departure ports.

Thanks in advance. :)

We had one additional departure port in the Caribbeans, the only difference we've noticed was that we had less people on the initial departure, more after that additional one.

We only had 1 Muster, don't remember how the newcomers had it. We went on shore that day, for us coming back was the same, with the same key cards. At our dinner seating everybody was from the initial port.

We will be on the Legend on June 22nd.

I have been asking many of the same questions. So far, what I have found out about Muster is that it will be approximately 1 hour prior to departure at each of the embarkation ports. As someone put it, each of the new passengers have to go through the muster drill, and all of the passengers that have already had it, have to put up with (and ignor) all of the extra messages on the loudspeaker.

As the welcome and farewell parties, I am still trying to find out more information. I have discovered that it is really hard to get together a Meet & Greet becauuse the ship will not allow passengers from different embarkation points to sign up for the same M&G.

A huge assumption on my part is that one of the formal nights will be on the day we are out to sea (the day prior to sailing into Rome). I would also guess that the other formal night would be on the evening after visiting Genoa since the next two ports take on new passengers and the ship departs at an earlier 6 PM.

It will also be interesting in the MDR as to seating, but from what I have read, if you are on a scheduled seating (not MTD), they would seat you with other passengers from the same embarkation port.

As to getting on the ship -- they want everyone on the ship at least 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to departure (which I believe is standard for every itinerary).

FYI - I have recetly created an "All Things Legend of the Seas" thread - and if you find out any information about the Legend or any of its itineraries (including the multiple-port issues), please pass along the information there -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38200992#post38200992

As to getting on the ship -- they want everyone on the ship at least 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to departure (which I believe is standard for every itinerary).

The 1 hour 30 minutes is only for passengers embarking on that day, so that they can have their muster drill. Passengers in transit can arrive the usual 30 minutes before departure.

We are sailing on the Legend out of Genoa on May 19 and staying on the following week as well. My understanding is that the MAIN embarkation port is Civvitavechia, so we are considered an alternate port.

We sailed from the alternate port of Valencia on the Adventure last year and here are the things we noticed and expect to have happen again.

1. the muster drill was just a small one for those of us who boarded that day. We all met in an inside location, saw the talk and lifejacket demo, and then were walked to our muster stations to see them and then left.

2. We had a fixed dining time and were seated with others who boarded that same day. This would be a non issue with MTD.

3. Our entire little section of hallway seemed to be rooms set aside for alternate port boarding, everyone near us also borded when we did.

4. We ended up seeing a Welcome Abord show on opur last night (the first nogiht for the next group of cruisers). That was a littl be funny but not a big deal at all.

5. When they did the muster drill at the main port we were not required to attend. We had a wonderful 30 minutes of having the pool deck all to ourselves.

6. There were one of the stands set up to sell drink packages, etc when we boarded, but you could ask at any bar to buy one. Likewise there were no spa tours set up, but they were happy to give one if asked.

Thank you very very much for all of your informations. Now I have impressions of this kind of special cruise.

So in my opinion if we do not expect a 7-night cruise in the order and way like any other, we will be happy with these special cruise.

Only 3,5 weeks to go... :-)

I love this board, getting answers for every question. :-) Even those my TA has no answers for. *lol*

Thank you very very much for all of your informations. Now I have impressions of this kind of special cruise.

So in my opinion if we do not expect a 7-night cruise in the order and way like any other, we will be happy with these special cruise.

Only 3,5 weeks to go... :-)

I love this board, getting answers for every question. :-) Even those my TA has no answers for. *lol*

Genau! :)

Archived