RCCL Cruise Tour 12 Land Times

floridajourneygirl

I'm sure this has been asked before, sorry if has been. But I can't find it. I been looking and reading all the posts but can't find anything. I'm trying to finalize my trip and can't without knowing times.

I am looking for the schedule of the land times for RCCL Tour 12 Land times?

I received my paperwork and that didn't even has times. :(

Here is my tour if anyone has done this tour and may know the times.

Leave Anchorage in Domes Railcar to Talkeetna, what time?

Arrive in Talkeetna? what time?

Leave Talkeetna to Denali? what time?

Tundra Wilderness Tour, what time?

Leave Denali on Motor coach to Alyeska, what time?

Leave Alyeska to Seward, what time?

Any help would be grateful! Thank you.

I didn't do an RCI cruisetour, mine was on HAL, but we had the same problem. They don't really publish a time ahead of the trip. When you join the tour, they will give you the times and where to be, each day. One thing I did do, was look at the excursions on HAL website. If you don't have enough time to do an excursion, it won't be listed for you to book it. The listing of excursions you can book are only the ones you would have time and be able to do.

At least that's what HAL did. There was never a set time. Times varied each day. And we didn't find out the time of our Tundra Wildnerness Tour until we got to Denali. We arrived at Denali at around 12:40 and had a 2:30 TWT. After going around to the various pick-up points, we didn't actually start the tour and get into the park until 3:00. We arrived back at the lodge at 11:00, so we had a full 8 hour tour. It made for a long day, as we had left Fairbanks that morning on the dome train. We were some really tired puppies, that bed sure felt good that night.

Try not to worry too much about the schedule. Have a great trip!

I am on cruise tour 13 southbound. I found the schedule for the Alaska Rail Road which is what RCCL's domed cars are attached to so that it how I determined what times we would be leaving & arriving by train. Couldn't find any way to figure out the bus service though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I am on cruise tour 13 southbound. I found the schedule for the Alaska Rail Road which is what RCCL's domed cars are attached to so that it how I determined what times we would be leaving & arriving by train. Couldn't find any way to figure out the bus service though.

I did the same thing and didn't have any luck on the bus service either :P

That's when I decided to post something here.

floridajourneygirl,

I hear you. I too wanted it all planned out, but you sometimes have to just go with the flow.

Most days on the coach, we would meet at 7:30 am in the lobby of the various hotels, board the coach and travel all day, then arrive at the next hotel between 5:30 and 6:30 pm. The train left Fairbanks, I think at 8:30 am for Denali arrival at 12:30 pm. Then we left Denali at 1:00 pm headed to Anchorage at 8:00 pm.

The coach drivers have walkie talkies and are in constant contact with either someone in the office or up ahead at the various hotels. I heard them a couple of times telling them we were early or late and how did they want them to adjust the arrival time. Traffic, accidents, rain, snow, or mechanical problems can drastically alter the time shedule, so rather than having irate people, they just don't give you an exact time schedule.

But they do know what they are doing, and you will have a GREAT time!

I didn't do an RCI cruisetour, mine was on HAL, but we had the same problem. They don't really publish a time ahead of the trip. When you join the tour, they will give you the times and where to be, each day. One thing I did do, was look at the excursions on HAL website. If you don't have enough time to do an excursion, it won't be listed for you to book it. The listing of excursions you can book are only the ones you would have time and be able to do.

Try not to worry too much about the schedule. Have a great trip!

This seems to be the best advice, too bad I am only reading this now.....I like to have things if not "planned" at least outlined and this land tour portion of our trip in August has had me going on circles. So guess "us" planners will need to just relax and enjoy our vacations.

We are on cruise tour #13 southbound in July. Please come back and let us know how it went and the timing if you can ! :D

We are on cruise tour #13 southbound in July. Please come back and let us know how it went and the timing if you can ! :D

I will be happy to. I'm planning to do a very detailed photo review of the entire trip with times, hotel info, tour info, etc

Archived