Repeated e-mails re Transfers?

derdejoh

We are sailing on Carnival for the first time next week and over the past two weeks we've received 6 separate e-mails about purchasing Carnival transfers to the port (all of the e-mails are the exact same). I don't mind the occasional e-mail about our cruise and get excited when I get a message "Important Information about your Upcoming Cruise," only to be let down when I see it is just another ad for transfers.

Do others get the same e-mail several times over as their cruise approaches? Am I missing cool e-mails that would actually get me excited about the cruise (in the past I've received e-mails about the entertainment, food on board, etc.)? Or did I miss something during online check-in (other than purchasing Carnival transfers!) that is triggering these repeated e-mails?

Sailing in 3 weeks and have received that same email 2-3 times so far! I did not purchased Carnival transfers, either, so I guess that's why. I'm glad they're concerned that I don't miss my ship!:rolleyes:

We are sailing on Carnival for the first time next week and over the past two weeks we've received 6 separate e-mails about purchasing Carnival transfers to the port (all of the e-mails are the exact same). I don't mind the occasional e-mail about our cruise and get excited when I get a message "Important Information about your Upcoming Cruise," only to be let down when I see it is just another ad for transfers.

Do others get the same e-mail several times over as their cruise approaches? Am I missing cool e-mails that would actually get me excited about the cruise (in the past I've received e-mails about the entertainment, food on board, etc.)? Or did I miss something during online check-in (other than purchasing Carnival transfers!) that is triggering these repeated e-mails?

I received the same email twice in the last two weeks. I used to get excited when I received the ""Important Information about your Upcoming Cruise," email, but now get nervous since one of the last ones I got in March canceled my cruise :eek:.

I'm sailing on 5/27 and I've gotten three of those e-mails this week. I guess they are trying to get more $$$ - have to finance all of their recent screw ups somehow.

Glad (I guess!) that I'm not the only one.

I used to get excited when I received the ""Important Information about your Upcoming Cruise," email, but now get nervous since one of the last ones I got in March canceled my cruise :eek:.

Wow! I guess I better keep reading those e-mails -- hopefully it worked out okay for you.

Glad (I guess!) that I'm not the only one.

Wow! I guess I better keep reading those e-mails -- hopefully it worked out okay for you.

It worked out well. They gave us a refund for the canceled cruise, we applied the refund to a new sail date, and as they say "all well that ends well." We will be sailing in 17 days!!! :D

I thought I had specified when booking that I'm traveling to the port by car and that I'm getting dropped off at the terminal by a friend (who's also babysitting my car for the week! Yay!), yet I still get those needless emails.

Carnival's IT department is some kindergarten class in Western Somalia. Their website is terrible at times, and it wouldn't surprise me if this was an error. They do send them out, but I can't imagine they want to bug people with multiple of the same emails.

Archived