I have Breakaway Dailies 5/12-5/19

mamagina

Thanks so much for posting these in easy-to-read pdf form.

I noticed that the gelato place is only open in the afternoon, and that there is no mention of Ocean Blu's waterfront take-out area (I thought I'd read in one of Gambee's posts that it's just open for lunch).

I had sort of imagined strolling around the waterfront area in the evening and encountering places to get a snack, but it appears that nothing will be open there except for the outdoor sections of the expensive specialty restaurants.

You are correct. We actually thought that they had not even opened the Carlos Bakery or the Gelato place at all because we never walked there during the day so we never saw them open until Friday when we go back on the ship in Bermuda. We watched the sailaway from the tables out side the gelato place. They sold all the Carlos stuff in the Atrium. We strolled at night and only the restaurants are open and the bars--Shakers, Fat Cats, Maltings and the Cigar Bar. When you walked and you passed those areas it was really smokey. In fact, we spoke to some people with a balcony over that area on deck 8 and they said that the smokey smell came into their cabin. They could not use their balcony in the evening. I never saw the Ocean Blue take out window open??? I just saw someone on another post say she spent $35 there for a seafood sampler. I remember seeing a lobster roll on the menu for take out maybe for $10???

Another heartfelt thanks to you for taking the time. It is awesome to see the dailies. Perfect timing for me. Gives me a week to go through them before I get on that beautiful ship!

You are correct. We actually thought that they had not even opened the Carlos Bakery or the Gelato place at all because we never walked there during the day so we never saw them open until Friday when we go back on the ship in Bermuda. We watched the sailaway from the tables out side the gelato place. They sold all the Carlos stuff in the Atrium. We strolled at night and only the restaurants are open and the bars--Shakers, Fat Cats, Maltings and the Cigar Bar. When you walked and you passed those areas it was really smokey. In fact, we spoke to some people with a balcony over that area on deck 8 and they said that the smokey smell came into their cabin. They could not use their balcony in the evening. I never saw the Ocean Blue take out window open??? I just saw someone on another post say she spent $35 there for a seafood sampler. I remember seeing a lobster roll on the menu for take out maybe for $10???

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to be sure to check out the waterfront in the daytime. I'm not really interested in the whole Ocean Blu experience, but I definitely want to try that lobster roll. :)

Thank you for taking the time to post these dailies, much appreciated.

I noticed they have several different titles for the Second City show....do you happen to know the differences among them? Are they all comedy shows? Thanks!:)

Archived