!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

hi gambee,

your right ncl will read about peter max. About the napkin on your shirt and lap we are italian and our grandfathers always did that when they ate their bowl of spaghetti, in fact, two weeks ago at an italian restaurant, the owner was sitting with his family and he had the very same napkins on him also so your not the only one, just smart not to get something on your clothes.;)

;):):d

Edited by gambee

Here you can see that it is not even completed yet.

DSC07838_zps835b5d28.jpg

DSC07840_zpsd1b29e12.jpg

DSC07841_zps7fc812ec.jpg

Every Thursday they have a John Lennon concert, with a little Caribbean mix. We missed it :(. I believe he lived in Bermuda for some time.

DSC07844_zpsf9f69061.jpg

And for those wondering here is where you buy the internet card. The cost is $15 per device for 3 days, unlimited. The signal right now is only good for the area near that gazebo. They told us they are planning to expand so it reaches the ship, but that wont happen for some time. You're also able to find hot spots in Hamilton and St. George. The internet is fairly good, definitely much faster than the one in the ship. Mom was able to facetime, but I was not, I think my phone was having issues.

DSC07845_zpsd5eb9607.jpg

I sat on the grass and mom sat on a bench, we stayed there for some time.

DSC07846_zps30c14ffa.jpg

These are the wifi cards, they are very easy to use. You just put the code in and thats it.

DSC07852_zps577ff6e4.jpg

So relaxing =)

DSC07853_zps5b2a6d8c.jpg

There were chickens and a roster somewhere.

DSC07857_zpsdb60f5be.jpg

DSC07860_zpse7c218a8.jpg

At some point I saw a line forming and I told my mom that I was going to get into the line hoping that it was the one for the Ferry to St. George. The funny thing is that the people in front of me were also hoping for the same thing, we really did not know if it was the one for Hamilton or the one to St. George. Eventually the line started moving and we confirmed that we were in the correct line :).

DSC07862_zps871ce2c1.jpg

DSC07863_zps4025f21d.jpg

DSC07864_zps58a52e9c.jpg

DSC07865_zps97d5accb.jpg

Almost aboard.

DSC07866_zps23d6c191.jpg

Thank You! I am going to try and wake up in time to see the boat come in like you did, I appreciate it. Must have been a pretty cool site to see.

We usually always get the pictures of pilot boats. I tend to wake early on cruises.

Inside was air conditioned, very nice.

DSC07869_zps94a07771.jpg

The ferry ride took about 45 minutes, when we got to St. George we still did not know what to do. There were 2 options, either Tobacco bay and the Fort which I wanted to do. Or the caves and the aquarium which my mom wanted to do. Eventually, we decided to go to the caves and the aquarium. I also think we made the correct decision, because the next day we were doing the beach thing. So it was good to alternate in between the two.

By the way if you are going to Tobacco Bay its all an up hill walk, about 20 minutes they say. Or you can take a taxi or a mini bus there for $5pp and then walk back down. It might be easier for your knees.

Well anyway on with the story,

DSC07870_zps345b09cb.jpg

DSC07871_zps916db09b.jpg

DSC07873_zps4de0e6db.jpg

DSC07874_zpsceebdc01.jpg

DSC07895_zps822fdf77.jpg

The path to a restaurant

DSC07898_zps16c6e530.jpg

DSC07899_zps25734fc4.jpg

The town square.

DSC07902_zpsbc339fda.jpg

DSC07904_zps904e20b9.jpg

DSC07905_zps5b171d05.jpg

I stopped there in the visitor center and asked for directions to the bus stop. By the was it is customary to say hello to everyone, before you aproach them. Bermudians are very polite people, we loved that about the island!

sorry for the 6 thousand questions Gambee lol. But how did you like the caves? that is something we are considering this time around in Bermuda.

I will get into that soon, I think in the next set. I just have to write about it. overall they are nice, but not a repeat kind of thing.

Then mom went into a little store and bought our souvenir plate. It is not that one, I failed to take a pic of it. By the way we over paid for it, I think she says it by the dockyard for a few bucks cheaper. On top of that she almost left it on the ship before disembarking.

DSC07910_zpsc56cc037.jpg

DSC07912_zps37b3d6b2.jpg

They kept making reference that Bermuda has the oldest working church in the Western hemisphere. I am not sure if it was this one or not.

DSC07913_zps13cb9d9c.jpg

Then we boarded a bus and started heading towards the Caves. The bus drivers are maniacs :eek:, lol. I think it was about a 30 minute bus ride?

I took a few pics on the way.

DSC07914_zps999d763c.jpg

Ok that is it for now, I need some rest.

The last time we were in Bermuda I got the 24hr. internet package from the Information Center. And, I did get a signal from the ship. Although I had to be on the promenade deck, dock side. It wasn't a great connection, but lasted for a little while and was good enough to do what I wanted to do. Don't know about now though. It might we worth a try.

That blue water, love, love, love it.

Gwen :)

DSC07878_zps70918e2f.jpg

Gambee, I love the vibrance and saturation of your photos (especially the one above). I was wondering how much you were using Lightroom vs. out of camera? Is this a converted RAW or camera "developed" JPEG?

My Canon SLR seems to need some tinkering in Lightroom to get anything like this, but it is an older model. I am thinking about a new NEX.

The last time we were in Bermuda I got the 24hr. internet package from the Information Center. And, I did get a signal from the ship. Although I had to be on the promenade deck, dock side. It wasn't a great connection, but lasted for a little while and was good enough to do what I wanted to do. Don't know about now though. It might we worth a try.

That blue water, love, love, love it.

Gwen :)

My mom tried to get a connection near the ship, but it kept dropping. So that is why we just stuck to the one near the hut :). Glad you love the color of the water, I thought those pics came out amazing.

Gambee, I love the vibrance and saturation of your photos (especially the one above). I was wondering how much you were using Lightroom vs. out of camera? Is this a converted RAW or camera "developed" JPEG?

My Canon SLR seems to need some tinkering in Lightroom to get anything like this, but it is an older model. I am thinking about a new NEX.

I am really not doing that much, I only bump the saturation to 30+ on every color. Sharpening to about 50 points and noise reduction about 7 clicks. That is pretty much all I do. I admit that on the Silli review I did much more, but it was just way too much time. I found that doing this is just perfect and I get pretty good results.

The camera is always on vivid mode so that helps a little as well. But overall I am very happy with the results of the camera.

Oh I forgot, not RAW, just straight JPEG. My computer is too slow to work with raw.

Edited by gambee

And I am almost sure that is Tobacco bay.

DSC07792_zpscbc150f2.jpg

Nope, it's not the Tobacco Bay Beach - in fact you do not see the TB Beach from sea as it's enclosed.

This beach is Achilles' Bay Beach. Lovely place to swim in.

Click on this link and zoom in at the top of the island.

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-029:IE-Address&oe=&rlz=1I7AURU_enBM498&q=map+of+Bermuda&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8a2d139e8668b0a5:0x3cdffdc72c99b8bc,Bermuda&gl=us&sa=X&ei=NrurUaBDr7jgA4r6gKAI&ved=0CDAQ8gEwAA

Edited by bluesea777