White pass railway and klondike gold fields where to get food?

clelbonv

We are taking a 5 1/2 hour excursion via ncl and I've read there's no food and we have a 3, 7, and 10 year old. This is a long time to go without food for the kids. Any suggestions?

Take some of their favorite granola bars, fruit leather or whatever. You can take prepackaged foods off the ship. Another option is cereal boxes if your ship has them, rather than bulk bins of cereal.

OK there are two different tours that match your basic description. One is 5 /4 hrs and the other is 6hrs long. One requires a passport the other does not. Both tours visit the same gold dredge - http://www.klondikegolddredge.com/ and it appears that they both visit it last and between 3-4hrs into the tour.

If you look at the website you will find that there is a brewery and restaurant in the same complex. I also remember a snack bar at the dredge - but that was back in 2003 before the other attractions were added.

It looks like the White Pass and Klondike Gold Fields (the 6hr tour) incorporates a roundtrip summit on the train (about 3 1/2 hrs) and then a quick bus ride to the dredge from Skagway. You can stay at the dredge as long as you like.

The other tour is titled White Pass Railroad, Klondike Gold Fields and Panning. It is 5 3/4 hrs, enters Canada and requires a passport (for everybody). This tour is a bus ride to Fraser BC with a train ride back to Skagway and then a bus ride to the dredge complex. Fraser is about 6 mi beyond the summit and is the one of four places where the WP RR has a depot - the others are Skagway, Bennett, and Carcross.

I hope this helps you.

We are taking the latter with the bus ride and the train. That's good to know there's a brewery and restaurant there. I guess I will bring snacks just in case but the adults may get hungry too! 6 hours is a long time to go without food! And yes we have our passports ready. I assume we assume we also need it for Victoria or last port. Thank you!

Archived