Wow!

Coolsox

I'm currently on my first full day on the Costa Favolosa, all I can say us WOW! This place is absolutely awesome! Contrary to many reviews I've read, the staff are extremely helpful and polite. I've never had an empty glass for more than a minute before a waiter / waitress gets me a new drink! Oh, do make sure you get the all inclusive drinks package, worth every penny!

I'm currently on my first full day on the Costa Favolosa, all I can say us WOW! This place is absolutely awesome! Contrary to many reviews I've read, the staff are extremely helpful and polite. I've never had an empty glass for more than a minute before a waiter / waitress gets me a new drink! Oh, do make sure you get the all inclusive drinks package, worth every penny!

glad you're enjoying it. just goes to show you you can't believe everything you read.

Thank you for posting the positive comment:)

At the end of July I'll on the Costa Favolosa myself - with the all inclusive drinks package - and it's nice to know that I have something to look forward to (well, I always look forward to cruising and try not to be affected by negative reviews).

If you can find the time for it once you're back from your cruise, please share information about the shows, the menus, the smoking "issue" etc.

Do you have the early or late dinner sitting and is it in the Duca di Borgogna or Duca d'Orleans? The only comments I've come across regarding the restaurants all recommended the Duca di Borgogna because it was quieter and without any noticeable vibration - but also without the sea view.

If your itinerary is the eastern Med (Savona, Barcelona, Mallorca, Malta, Sicily) I would also welcome ideas for what not to miss and information on whether the docking is within walking distance of the actual city or whether (free) shuttle busses are available.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise:)

Thank you for posting the positive comment:)

At the end of July I'll on the Costa Favolosa myself - with the all inclusive drinks package - and it's nice to know that I have something to look forward to (well, I always look forward to cruising and try not to be affected by negative reviews).

If you can find the time for it once you're back from your cruise, please share information about the shows, the menus, the smoking "issue" etc.

Do you have the early or late dinner sitting and is it in the Duca di Borgogna or Duca d'Orleans? The only comments I've come across regarding the restaurants all recommended the Duca di Borgogna because it was quieter and without any noticeable vibration - but also without the sea view.

If your itinerary is the eastern Med (Savona, Barcelona, Mallorca, Malta, Sicily) I would also welcome ideas for what not to miss and information on whether the docking is within walking distance of the actual city or whether (free) shuttle busses are available.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise:)

how can the OP know about your 'issues' :confused::confused::confused: that's more of a personal problem.

how can the OP know about your 'issues' :confused::confused::confused: that's more of a personal problem.

I'm a psychic:D

However, since I did not use the possessive pronoun "your" in front of "issue" but only the definite article I was merely referring to previous (mainly negative) reviews commenting on the level of smoking on Costa ships, and I asked for Coolsox' opinion;)

The one upstairs on deck 4 is the Duca di Borgogna, and as I've commented on in a previous post on this thread, it is also the restaurant recommended by previous cruisers due to it being quieter (but also without a sea view).

Thank you Holstebro.

We always prefer to eat on the upper level.

I am wondering because there two restaurants on this ship, both with two levels. One is at the end of the ship (is it stern?) and the other in the middle of the ship. Here are the deckplans: http://www.kreuzfahrtberater.de/deckplan.php?schiff=Costa+Favolosa

Thank you Holstebro.

We always prefer to eat on the upper level.

I am wondering because there two restaurants on this ship, both with two levels. One is at the end of the ship (is it stern?) and the other in the middle of the ship. Here are the deckplans: http://www.kreuzfahrtberater.de/deckplan.php?schiff=Costa+Favolosa

Which restaurant to choose may be a question of whether you are prone to sea sickness in which case you should not choose Duca D'orleans because of its location in the very aft part of the ship. However, apparently the best chances of getting a table with a sea view is in the Duca D'orleans.... Do bear in mind, though, that the sun sets early in the Mediterranean, so no matter whether you are on the first or the second sitting, there may not be any view at all.

We also usually prefer to eat on the upper level as it seems to be quieter up there than on the lower level. However, sometimes when the waiters perform during dinner, the show is more spectacular when watched from the lower level, e.g. if the waiters line up all the way down the stairs while performing.

Thank you. On our last cruise we were seated at table at the beginning of the restaurant and there I have noticed that I feel better. I will contact Costa closer to the cruise and will inform them about this. :-) As we have booked premium they will surely try to find a good table for us - as they already did. :)

Thank you. On our last cruise we were seated at table at the beginning of the restaurant and there I have noticed that I feel better. I will contact Costa closer to the cruise and will inform them about this. :-) As we have booked premium they will surely try to find a good table for us - as they already did. :)

Good luck with getting a table that suits you:). If you do not succeed in getting a response from Costa prior to cruising, make sure to line up at the reception/help desk at once you are onboard.

Archived