Vancouver Luggage

LSibiglia

Hello! We will be docking and deporting on July 6 from the Diamond Princess. Our boat docks at 7:30am and our plane departs at 7:55pm. We want to do the hop on/off trolley. Where do we store our luggage? We have Princess transportation, do they take our luggage? Or will we have to pay to have it stored? If so how much is that?

Thank you!

It has been reported in these threads that Princess is offering a luggage transfer service to YVR this year but best you check with Princess or your TA to confirm this.

Failing that you have a couple of options:

• check your luggage with Priority Baggage Services at Canada Place who for a fee will transfer your luggage out to their location at YVR...this will only work for flights after 6pm.
  • take your luggage to a near by hotel and give the bell desk a nice tip to put your luggage in their lock up then claim it when your are scheduled to go out to YVR.

I have also been looking for advise of how to handle luggage in Vancouver. I was told by Princess that they will have no service from the ship to the airport. I like your advise. Anyone else can feel free to give both of us another idea. We will be arriving in Vancouver on the Sapphire Princess on July 27th and leaving for LAX that evening so we are planning on walking around the city.

I have also been looking for advise of how to handle luggage in Vancouver. I was told by Princess that they will have no service from the ship to the airport. I like your advise. Anyone else can feel free to give both of us another idea. We will be arriving in Vancouver on the Sapphire Princess on July 27th and leaving for LAX that evening so we are planning on walking around the city.

I wouldn't panic just yet I have been reading on the Princess thread that Princess may in fact be doing this again after an absence of a couple of years....what I am saying you can wait until you get on the ship then find out for sure...call center people I never trust.

The link that Mapleleaves has provided says it is for CDS Baggage services which is the same people as Priority Luggage Services and when you click on it it goes to Priority's site.

Well as I don't trust the Princess Rep I spoke with only because he couldn't answer other immediate questions, once on board I will make sure they are not offering transport to YVR. Although this is what I have found so far.... Walk off Ship...go to the right...Find Priority Baggage, $7 dollars to store large bag per bag, and $6 for small bags. For all day use. Or you can use CDS and it is $40 for up to 4 bags and they transport to airport although you will need to get them at airport to check in.

If you do either route you can use the Vancouver Skytrain to transport you to the airport for about $4 a person...

If anyone knows anything else please let us know!

We used this service last week when getting off Radiance.Worked well quick and easy.Bags must be collected by 4pm then not to long a walk to sky train to airport.

Debbie

Archived