POA - laundry?

younghoosier

No do it yourself available, and they did not have the laundry special when I was on the ship in April. They charge by the piece so we just did what we needed to get by.

Like the others said, there is no public laundry. The price & services are similar to higher end hotels - priced by the piece & somewhat pricey. But the option is there if you need it. We packed so that we didn't need it but sure had lots of laundry to do when we got home!

I needed to have some laundry done while on our recent cruise which cost $100. From the receipt that I kept the costs are --

Undergarments $1.95 Socks (pair) $1.95 Pyjamas(2pce) $4.95 Nightgown/nightie $4.95 Bathrobe $4.95 Shorts $4.95 Jeans $5.95

Pants/slacks $5.95 Skirt $5,95 Dress $7.95 T/shirt/ Polo shirt $ 4.95

Dress/Casual shirt $5.95 Sweatshirt/knit top $4.95 Formal shirt/ Blouse $5.95 Bathing suit $2.95. So you can see it can be a little bit pricey even though I did some washing the night before the cruise I still needed to do some on board. I hope this gives you some idea on the costs.

We were just on the POA sailing and sailed on May 11. No mid-week laundry special. They do however have ironing boards and irons available for use for 30 min. at a time. They will deliver it to your cabin and when you're finished set it outside and they'll swing by and pick it up.

By the time we reach the POA we will have had 4 nights in Las Vegas 3 nights in San Francisco and 2 nights in Honolulu!! We will really have to get laundry done somewhere or people will be avoiding us on the cruise!! We are following up the cruise with 3 nights in NYC on the way home, it seemed rude not to, so by then it could be really nasty - especially for our companions on the 12 hour flight from Honolulu to NYC!! Launderette near the Waikiki Resort Hotel anyone lol!!

We were on the POA a couple of weeks ago and they gave 50% off on Monday of the cruise.

Did you have to ask about it? I never got any info in our cabin about laundry services! We accidentally found out about the use of the ironing board.

Archie4...you might want to check with the hotel. We stayed at the Outrigger in Waikiki and they had laundry facilities available and you could do your own laundry. It would certainly be cheaper than the ship's laundry services!

Archived