Fascination- May 27- Review

JP4GA

We woke up to beautiful weather for our last sea day. We did get a few sprinkles in the afternoon but they did not last for long.

Most of our day was spent up on deck by the Waterworks area. I got a little annoyed with some of the kids. For some reason the middle slide was closed. So a bunch of preteens and teens decided to play in the toddler slide area. I have no idea why they did not go on the twister. The problem with them playing in the toddler area is that the little kids don't move as fast as the big kids, and several little ones (under 5) were knocked over by the bigger kids. The bigger kids are just too big for the mini-works. We saw several of them get hurt when they slid right out of the slide and into the deck and nearby wall.

They need to have an enforced height restriction for the toddler area. The little kids only have one option due to height and the bigger kids were all pushing them out of the way, running too fast, cutting line and acting like jerks. When a boy took my daughter down by hitting her in the ankles while she was trying to get out of the slide we told him to wait until the previous slider was out of the area before taking a turn. He looked at me like I was nuts and did not even offer an apology for knocking down my four year old.

We were about to go complain when an attendant walked up and started monitoring the slide and would not let anyone go down until the slide was clear. This ruined the fun for the older kids and they went off to ride the twister. The attendant stayed for a few hours, this was the ONLY time during the entire trip that an attendant was present at the mini-works area. They always have them at the other two slides. Really an attendant would NEVER be needed at "mini-works" if parents would monitor their own children.

***I totally understand a bigger kid that has special needs being in the toddler area. I also understand an older sibling helping a younger one.

They finally opened up the middle slide and everyone was happy again. Once that slide had been open for 10 minutes the toddler slide attendant left.

So after a morning of fun in the sun DD wanted to go to kids club. So we took her and she got to meet "Fun Freddy." They had a dance party and "Fun Freddy" gave them all a book about his first cruise. They also got there faces painted.

We picked up DD for a meal and then returned to the kids area to Build a Bear. They had a cute bear for $19 and all profits went to Saint Jude's Hospital. However, DD wanted a Cat. So we spent some time creating her cat and picking out an outfit. She had fun doing this.

Dinner in the MDR was really good on this last night. I had the lesson in Sushi and crab cakes for an appetizer. It was so good. Veal Parm for the main course was also good.

Carnival has done cutbacks and one of those cutbacks is REDUCED shows. Looking at the schedule the family comedy show started at 7 right in the middle of dinner time. Everyone at our table wanted to enjoy the show and dinner was severed quickly so we all skipped dessert and went to the show. We did say farewell to our wait staff, and we did tip them a little extra. We felt bad skipping out early but we wanted to see the show.

After the show we went back to our room, packed our bags, and put on our #1 tags. Everyone else in our hallway had #15. After we were packed we went for one last drink.

We picked up DD from CC and she was sad to go. They made some water color handprints. She had a great time and was sad to go.

Back in our room we put DD to bed and sat on our balcony enjoying our last night of vacation.

Archived