Huge Congratulations to RCI!

The crew were amazing in general but our cabin steward Larisa was excellent, the bar staff in my and my husband's bar of choice, the Olive or Twist, were great and our MTD waiters really looked after us; we included a very fussy eater in our grandson who has Aspergers, my daughter-in-law who has to eat gluten free and myself, a vegetarian.

If that's the same Larisa that was our stateroom attendant back in February on Indy, I have to agree. I regret that it was my first time with Royal Caribbean so I didn't have any Wow! cards to give out.

I have just been reading some of the latest reviews of Independence and I have to say that RCI have really exceeded all expectations this time. According to some of the reviews the staff onboard are rude, lazy, unfriendly and didn't deserve to be paid :(. We were on Independence for the May 18th cruise to the Fjords and the staff could not have been more efficient, friendly and helpful (just as we have found on our five previous cruises on Indy) - obviously RCI realised there was a problem on previous cruises and changed the entire staff - well done Royal :p:p. Now all they need to do is resolve the issue of allowing passengers with mobility problems onto the ship and all the reviewers will be happy!

Yes, I know everybody is entitled to their opinion and all views are subjective but I have NEVER been treated with anything but politeness and friendliness by any member of RCI's staff so I find claims of rude staff to be totally unbelievable.

Gill

Totally agree with you Gil. We have just cruised on Rhapsody of the Seas and found their staff in all departments to be friendly, professional, helpful, efficient and above all FUN. They are all a credit to Royal Caribbean and were so much a part of what made our cruise such a great one.

We were on the Indy last January and because of a recent loss in the family we were in sore need of relaxation and being pampered. Aside from out table mates no one knew of our circumstances, yet we were thrilled with how we were treated. It was one of the best cruises of our life and made getting past our loss easier. I read some of the reviews lately on ships we have been on and wonder if we were on the same ships. Some people can not be pleased if you ask me.:eek:

If that's the same Larisa that was our stateroom attendant back in February on Indy, I have to agree. I regret that it was my first time with Royal Caribbean so I didn't have any Wow! cards to give out.

'Our' Larisa is a very pretty lady, from Romania I think. Her parents live in Rome and when we were at Civitavecchia, she was able to bring them onboard for lunch in Windjammer (I very sensibly stayed onboard whilst the rest of the family braved Rome in August! ;)) She is a suite steward and as our D1 balcony was on deck 10 (booked as a balcony guarantee BTW), in amongst the suites, we had the pleasure of Larisa looking after us as well :)

We didn't have Wow! cards either, though I think we would have been in a terrible quandry as to who to give one to .. Larisa, Irene (MDR) or Raymon, barman in Olive or Twist topped the list, but we could easily have added another four or five people to our list.

I have just been reading some of the latest reviews of Independence and I have to say that RCI have really exceeded all expectations this time. According to some of the reviews the staff onboard are rude, lazy, unfriendly and didn't deserve to be paid :(. We were on Independence for the May 18th cruise to the Fjords and the staff could not have been more efficient, friendly and helpful (just as we have found on our five previous cruises on Indy) - obviously RCI realised there was a problem on previous cruises and changed the entire staff - well done Royal :p:p. Now all they need to do is resolve the issue of allowing passengers with mobility problems onto the ship and all the reviewers will be happy!

Yes, I know everybody is entitled to their opinion and all views are subjective but I have NEVER been treated with anything but politeness and friendliness by any member of RCI's staff so I find claims of rude staff to be totally unbelievable.

Gill

No complaints from us from our cruise in March on the Indy. In fact, we're going back on her in February 2014.

Thank you for you views.

I started to have doubts about booking this cruise for july.

However i am reading time again on these threads how great people say it is, and i am mega excited!

I did write an e mail to express my concerns and told them about the bad reviews i had read.

They did e mail me back and i was happy with the response.

I am not worried atall just busting to go now :)))

Archived