Snorkel St Lucia with Scuba Steve

tripoli

Hello

I am traveling on RCCL Adventure of the Seas in Jan 2014 to St. Lucia and wanted to snorkle. Has anyone ever used Scuba Steve's in St Lucia and can provide feedback please.

I haven't used them...but investigated using them to dive for our upcoming cruise.

I was put off by the fact they charge 100% fee if you miss your excursion of the trip even if your ship doesn't make port. :eek:

We had two of us looking to dive...needless to say we are booking elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

I have used SCUBA Steve several times for dives. Their refund policy is very strict but I have been extremely happy with their service. They pick you up with the boat right at the pier. The sites they use are excellent. They have always had fruit drinks and little sandwiches between dives. I recommend SCUBA Steve's.

• 3 weeks later...

I used them in March 2013 for a dive/snorkel trip. The pickup and dropoff was excellent. My trip was really a dive trip. There were 2 other snorkelers. We did not have a guide. The divers had two. The boat dropped the divers off, and then dropped us in shallower water. The stop was pretty good. The second stop was not as good. The water was deeper there, and there was not much to see as a snorkeler (or at least a snorkeler who does not dive down. The water was colder there and the clarity pretty poor. Safety and supervision was excellent. I would use them again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that the diving with Steve's was good, but the bathrooms and change rooms were dirty--Steve's responded that bathrooms are rented and other outfits use them. Did anyone else notice or was it just an off day?

I have read mixed reviews about Fair Helen. Action Adventures seems to have good reviews, but their website is less than helpful.

On top of that I read that currents might be problematic, so as a novice diver, I am considering diving at another port on our cruise. (I only ever go once per cruise as my husband does not dive--he sometimes goes along as a snorkeler, but sometimes just sits onboard and becomes queasy.)

• 3 months later...

My fiance and I used Scuba Steve for 3 days of diving when we were staying at a resort in St Lucia in Aug 2012. The service was quite excellent in terms of getting rentals sorted out and so on. The dives themselves were fantastic - I was actually completing my Open Water certification, so I was very novice and had no problems. Supervision was quite minimal for me, which I found surprising considering I was completing my certification, but the guides were good for the group of fully certified divers. Sandwiches and fruit juice were served between dives, and everyone seemed to be having a great time.

Our only complaint was that to pay the deposit, we ended up having to email in our credit card number (their fax number didn't work...) and immediately following that, my fiance's credit card racked up all kinds of strange foreign charges. Luckily the bank wiped everything. But, we do think that it was related to Scuba Steve's - not necessarily the management themselves, but their bookkeeping was a bit sketchy (info strewn all over their office in plain sight) and so we wonder if an employee was making a bit of cash on the side selling credit card numbers... Of course, always a possibility that it was just a coincidence in timing...

Overall, I would still recommend them! They have a pretty efficient operation going on there. Just be sure to keep your eye on your credit card after, just in case!