What do you think?

juneforreal

Thinking of sailing Breakaway July 28th, 2013. Looking at the B1 aft cabins. The 12th floor aft is already sold out. The B1's 9th aft are still

available. Do you think the roof from the 8th floor will obstruct the view?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Juneforreal

Thinking of sailing Breakaway July 28th, 2013. Looking at the B1 aft cabins. The 12th floor aft is already sold out. The B1's 9th aft are still

available. Do you think the roof from the 8th floor will obstruct the view?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Juneforreal

First off, great choice for room category.

Secondly, the roof system below you, even if 3 feet below your veranda deck, is NOT going to interfere with your killer views aft, even if said roof extends out 8 feet from your balcony. Hey, in case of emergency you can jump down on roof and work your way to ANY muster station. Lol. :D

The roof system will be in the view when looking down no doubt. However, looking straight out , you will have awesome views. But the longer I read BA reports the more this roof system is a blessing in disguise. This roof will block the view of folks and things, and possible reflect sound/smoke, etc. Yes, on deck 9 you will have this roof just under you, but so what. You will have the deepest veranda aboard, an estimated 12 - 16 feet deep. :D

Also latest reports indicate you can hear the music from Spice H2O on the aft balconies, till what, 1 am?. So you being lower, will in theory, hear less of it.

Reports do also mention the exercise classes that begin at 8am IIRC. :eek:

I would be happier on deck 9 than 14 due to this early morning sound generation potential.

Another consideration is the depth of balconies, with dividers on each side, will create a tunnel effect. Also natural light into cabin will be less than balconies on 12 or higher.

Have you seen the visual links here? Some of the later pics show the roof system.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AkRUeqCmOMnGdFZWTVVzZndrc0NkN1N0TGpZb2ZYU2c&single=true&gid=0&output=html

HTH

Thank you for your response. The lack of light won't bother me. Do you think on the balcony if I go close to the railing I can get some sun if I so desire? All in all it does seem like it might be a good location and great large balcony!

• 2 weeks later...

We booked an S6 on deck 9, and I have been reading ALL of the reviews.. at first I really wanted to be higher, and I too was worried about the deck below and the waterfront wrap around possibility.... but deck 9 has VERY deep balconies, and as the others posted - likely less noise from the reviews I have read. Glad we are on 9 now after reading more and more!

Archived