Circle C activities (ages 12-14)

I don't have a list - leaving in 2 weeks for my next cruise. But what I can remember from my last cruise 2 years ago, the activities my daughter did were, board game challenges, tie-dying t-shirts, their own time in the dance club/karaoke, a scavenger hunt across the ship, and a swim party.

I don't have a list - leaving in 2 weeks for my next cruise. But what I can remember from my last cruise 2 years ago, the activities my daughter did were, board game challenges, tie-dying t-shirts, their own time in the dance club/karaoke, a scavenger hunt across the ship, and a swim party.

That all sounds like fun! I hope my stepdaughter will enjoy some of these activities. She is shier than my stepson. But I really think she would have fun doing a few activities instead of hanging out with dad and stepmom all day. :)

Oooh, this is great! Thanks! Some of this stuff sounds like fun! Wish I was a kid again! LOL! :D

You're welcome...wish I knew where I got it so I could credit the appropriate person.

Our daughter will be in Circle C for the first time next month; looking forward to our cruise!

Wondering if this us for all ships ?

Will it vary from ship to ship?

Alaska vs Caribbean?

Thanks

I would think it would be similar for all ships. We are going on the Glory to Canada. I bet there won't be as many swimming type options maybe for Canada and Alaska cruises, but I don't see why the inside activities wouldn't be the same.

I don't see that anyone has posted this, but it's really important that they go to the first meet & greet. One cruise we were on my daughter didn't go to the club until the second day and it seemed like all the kids had already formed groups and she never really found a group to fit in with, as opposed to the other one when she went on the first day. I learned my lesson on that one. So I've made a deal with her on our cruise this month that I'll give her $20 to attend the meet & greet (I'm sure I'd end up giving her $20 anyways for something).

Jen

I don't see that anyone has posted this, but it's really important that they go to the first meet & greet. One cruise we were on my daughter didn't go to the club until the second day and it seemed like all the kids had already formed groups and she never really found a group to fit in with, as opposed to the other one when she went on the first day. I learned my lesson on that one. So I've made a deal with her on our cruise this month that I'll give her $20 to attend the meet & greet (I'm sure I'd end up giving her $20 anyways for something).

Jen

Good tip, thanks!

I cannot stress enough how important ant the meet and greet is!!! They basically lock them in a room and force them to interact!!!! They will bond with the others and off they go. I later talked to several parents of kids that didn't go and they struggled. It seems the little groups are formed day 1.

Also I think I read somewhere there is a time when you check in before meet and greet with parents and kids

is this correct?

Then hopefully we can see if there are kids are roll so quiet I think there are only 6 cabins booked on ship to alaska

• 2 weeks later...
I cannot stress enough how important ant the meet and greet is!!! They basically lock them in a room and force them to interact!!!! They will bond with the others and off they go. I later talked to several parents of kids that didn't go and they struggled. It seems the little groups are formed day 1.

thanks for these tips! my son is a bit shy at first and i am glad to see that the camp people make them interact! i really am hoping he makes friends on our cruise cause he is an only child and while i consider myself a cool/fun parent, i know its still a whole lot funner for the kiddos if they have someone their age to hang out with! ;)

another question i have is are there a lot of boys that participate? or is it mostly girls?

My rule is that my kids have to go to the registration/meet and greet for their group. After that they can choose what they want to do or not do. On our last group my daughter bonded with a group of 6 or 7 kids she still keeps in touch with. They would agree on a time to meet everyday and I would see the group of them throughout the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wondering if this us for all ships ?

Will it vary from ship to ship?

Alaska vs Caribbean?

Thanks

varies week to week ship to ship. use posted pages as samples only. make it mandatory the kids head to the first meet and greet the first night

I looked at the links up-thread, from the Dream this April, excited to see what would be offered, as my son will be in Circle C on our upcoming Dream cruise. I must say I am very disappointed to see that the first night's "Meet and Greet" is from 8:30 - 9:00pm....right when we are going to be at dinner. Then, the "Discover Circle C" is from 9pm - 10pm...again while we are at dinner. So I guess all the 12-14 year olds at the second dinner seating don't get to "meet and greet"???

I looked at the links up-thread, from the Dream this April, excited to see what would be offered, as my son will be in Circle C on our upcoming Dream cruise. I must say I am very disappointed to see that the first night's "Meet and Greet" is from 8:30 - 9:00pm....right when we are going to be at dinner. Then, the "Discover Circle C" is from 9pm - 10pm...again while we are at dinner. So I guess all the 12-14 year olds at the second dinner seating don't get to "meet and greet"???

This is the very reason we changed from late seating to early seating. Our daughter would have missed most all of the fun things which occur during late dinner....I wish they would do 2 separate meet & greets (kinda like the separate shows they do).

taking the late seating your teen will not be participating in many activities anyways. by the time you are done dinner the activities are just finishing up. your teen will have much down time. the activites are closed from 5pm til 7 pm majority of kids will be dining at the first seating

I'll attach what someone else had posted for Circle C from a recent Dream cruise.

Thanks for posting these! We are taking our kids on their first cruise in November and my 13-year old daughter wasn't too excited when I told her about Circle C. Hopefully seeing what they have going on will help her get more excited about it. I love the idea of requiring them to go to the M&G and then letting them pick activities after that. Thanks!

Archived