NCL shore excursions in the Baltics

doctor4kydz

Has anyone takne any of the NCL-sponsored shore excursions in the Baltics?

I would especially like to hear from anyone that has done the "Berlin Top 10 by EXpress Train" ($349) and the 2-day "Best of St. Petersburg" ($399).

I know that there are lots of independent operators that do these tours for less $$$.

However, I would really like to hear from people that have taken these NCL-sponsored excursions or any other NCL-sponsored ones in the Baltics.

Thanks!

In Berlin, my wife and I did the excursion which included the train, a couple hour tour by coach, and then 3 or so hours on our own. We really liked the ability to wander wherever we wanted as opposed to the tour you mentioned where you're part of a group the entire time.

I personally wouldn't choose a St Petersburg excursion that doesn't get you out to Catherine's Palace.

We didn't do tours in Tallinn, Copenhagen, or Helsinki.

The other excursion we did, but would have preferred to have just had time to explore was in Stockholm with the Ice Bar and Old Town. It wasn't bad, and I really liked Stockholm, just didn't have enough exploration time as the tour took up the entirety of the time in port.

It's a great cruise and we found each of these cities fascinating in their own individual ways.

Anyone???

There must be someone out there that's done the 2-day Best of St. Petersburg tour offered through NCL.

Here is the issue - some people are active on these boards, and then they return home to reality - and participation drops off quite a bit.

You might find some comments in reviews or on the PORTS OF CALL message boards, or even on the ROLL CALL.

Of course, the number of cruises that even go to these ports is small.

Also I'd say that people who come here, are more knowledgable and tend to book more private tours, the ones that depend to cruise line tours are the ones that don't know or care about the alternatives that much.

If it was me, I'd book the most popular private tour (SPB-Tours) for St.Petersburg.

• 11 months later...

Did you get off the coach during the tour for any photo stops?

In Berlin, my wife and I did the excursion which included the train, a couple hour tour by coach, and then 3 or so hours on our own. We really liked the ability to wander wherever we wanted as opposed to the tour you mentioned where you're part of a group the entire time.

I personally wouldn't choose a St Petersburg excursion that doesn't get you out to Catherine's Palace.

We didn't do tours in Tallinn, Copenhagen, or Helsinki.

The other excursion we did, but would have preferred to have just had time to explore was in Stockholm with the Ice Bar and Old Town. It wasn't bad, and I really liked Stockholm, just didn't have enough exploration time as the tour took up the entirety of the time in port.

It's a great cruise and we found each of these cities fascinating in their own individual ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app