A proposed SE Asia itinerary

vandalayceo

Have only been to India once but find it a fascinating country and would love to visit more extensively. Also think a cruise would be a great way to visit, but the only Princess cruises to visit India are World cruises, and they generally only visit 1 port on their way past.

Now that Sapphire Princess will be based out of Singapore I was hoping their might be some itineraries that include India, but so far none planned.

Certainly not a Naval navigator but looked at a possible route and using distances, ships speed etc. came up with a route and itinerary that I think is possible and could be attractive to many people.

Day No Location Arr Dep

Day 1 Singapore 6:00 pm

Day 2 Kuala Lampur, Malaysia 7:00 am 7:00 pm

Day 3 Penang, Malaysia 8:00 am 9:00 pm

Day 4 Phuket, Thailand 9:00 am 9:00 pm

Day 5 At Sea

Day 6 Yangon, Myanmar 7:00 am 9:00 pm

Day 7 At Sea

Day 8 Kolkata, India 7:00 am 9:00 pm

Day 9 At Sea

Day 10 At Sea

Day 11 Chenai, India 7:00 am 5:00 pm

Day 12 Columbo, Sri Lanka 9:00 am 9:00 pm

Day 13 At Sea

Day 14 At Sea

Day 15 At Sea

Day 16 Singapore 9:00 am

Of course lots of room for tweaking using general route.

Had to make assumptions if certain cities (eq. Yangon) accept cruise ships. Based on present pricing for routes of 15 days in the area price could be about $2900 balcony.

Anybody else interested in something like this?

I would love it.

A couple of comments. We have been to Yangon on the Ocean Princess. The channel to the city is shallow. On the smaller ship, we had a relatively narrow window for sailing in and out. I am not sure how the larger Sapphire would do. As far as I know they only time Princess went there was in 2009 when we did it. We overnighted there.

The Ocean Princess makes a couple of visits to India each year. Usually, in the spring she goes from Singapore to Europe and back in the autumn. In even number years, the trips have been via Cape Town, while in odd years, it is via the Suez Canal. I think they all stop in India. We have gone twice between Cape Town and Singapore. Stops in India included Mumbai both times and Cochin one time and Chennai the other. We are on our second Suez Canal journey this autumn. The both times, we went to Mumbai and Cochin.

I think each time, Princess offered a multi night trip to Agra and the Taj Mahal

Archived