How to find the kids....

We pick specific times and places to meet. I also give my dd a list of which activities I'm doing and i know she will show up at some point.

That's the way we do it with our grandchildren... funny thing is, last cruise we had the grandchildren and their parents along. The GK's would show up on time, and the parents would be late if they showed at all... :D

ADDED: White boards or white board markers on the mirrors - hadn't thought of that... but leave the white board inside the cabin, everyone has a key, right? And if you use a marker on the mirror, an over-efficient steward might clean it for you, though you might explain what you're doing to him.

As several have mentioned, we always meet up for meals and have checkpoints throughout the day. Usually we go over our plans for each specific block of time to make sure everyone knows what they'll be doing. A good bit of advice we were given years ago is to make sure that teens always have an itinerary - its when they try winging it that they get in trouble!

All of the above...nobody is to be in our cabin without us present, not to go into anyone else's cabin no matter what the circumstance. We always meet before dinner in cabin to go to dining room each night at set time. Have to be in cabin at set time for bed each night. Post it notes on cabin mirror and on cabin door outside. Dry erase marker for notes also. Days we are in port we do things together (tours we have planned as a family). If they are at a planned carnival kids program I'm to know when it ends if it goes past normal bedtime when she should be back. Just basic safety things too.

BTW: Stick it/post it's work great to leave message for cabin steward too! :)

it may work -- but it will be crazy expensive, as each device needs its own plan -- and you wont know if it works until you use it -- after paying for the plans.

We just used post it notes -- everyone got their own color -- and then set times to meet for lunch and dinner (our family eats together -- period).. and the in the room curfew --

as well as the don't enter others cabins and no one in ours -- it all worked out very good.

I didnt realize each device needed its own. I assumed it was per room. Scratch that idea. We'll use white boards/sticky notes too then.

Just wanted to add one small point of info in addition to the grerat stuff already posted.

If you tell the kids (or anyone really) to meet at Lido buffet, be more specific. We usually pick a place, like for example in front of the pizza, or the right side rear corner. That way, no one spends valuable cruise time looking for someone who is in the right place but you can't see them. Needless frustration.

Archived