Light rail or shuttle from Seattle Airport to downtown?

zetalove08

I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be on which option would be better? Light rail vs. shuttle from Sea-tac. This is the night before our 7-night alaska cruise on Princess.

I am reading up on the light rail, and it seems financially like a great deal, but I'm concerned about dragging all of our luggage onto it- would this be a problem? I don't mean physically, but is there room on the rail? Do other people carry a lot of luggage?

My other concern is we are staying the The Moore Hotel, and our flight doesn't even arrive until 9:45pm, and by the time we get our luggage and onto the rail it'll be pretty late. Would this be a safe option, or would it be safer to opt for a shuttle that will drop us off right at the front door of the hotel? I have never been to Seattle so am not sure about the crime or if this should be a major concern or not. The walk seems somewhat far at that time of night and with all of our luggage.

Any opinions from people who have done both options?

Also, any suggestions for good breakfast spots near the Moore Hotel for the next morning before the cruise? :)

Thanks in advance!

I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be on which option would be better? Light rail vs. shuttle from Sea-tac. This is the night before our 7-night alaska cruise on Princess.

I am reading up on the light rail, and it seems financially like a great deal, but I'm concerned about dragging all of our luggage onto it- would this be a problem? I don't mean physically, but is there room on the rail? Do other people carry a lot of luggage?

My other concern is we are staying the The Moore Hotel, and our flight doesn't even arrive until 9:45pm, and by the time we get our luggage and onto the rail it'll be pretty late. Would this be a safe option, or would it be safer to opt for a shuttle that will drop us off right at the front door of the hotel? I have never been to Seattle so am not sure about the crime or if this should be a major concern or not. The walk seems somewhat far at that time of night and with all of our luggage.

Any opinions from people who have done both options?

Also, any suggestions for good breakfast spots near the Moore Hotel for the next morning before the cruise? :)

Thanks in advance!

I usually recommend the light rail, but I would suggest the shuttle in your situation. By the time you get your luggage and the train gets you downtown, it will probably be 11 pm or later. Downtown Seattle is reasonably safe in the daytime, but I'm not sure I'd want to be strolling around that area at that hour, especially with luggage.

If you do decide on the light rail, there should be plenty of room for your luggage at that hour. The only time it gets very crowded is weekday commute times.

I just got off the light rail to and from seatac and it was standing room only because of the Mariner's game. We took Shuttle Express there and Seattle Express back directly to Sleep inn Seatac for our recent cruise. SEATTLE express was cheaper. Give them a call. BTW the light rail is great and easy to figure out.

Staying at the Moore I'd take a cab, shuttle or towncar. There's a lot of street life around the Moore at that time of night, and if there's a concert at the Moore Theater (the hotel is above a concert venue) it could be quite "lively," especially if you arrive as the show is ending.

Archived